20

A/n: Sorry for a short chapter :(

And we stood like that, so, so close. Lips brushing against each other and suddenly, his tongue had found its way into my mouth. I enjoyed every second of it, this was worth everything.

The heated makeout session slowly transformed into small pecks until he leaned his forhead against mine. I was probably smiling like an idiot but so was he, and it made me warm inside.

"How about we go grab some real food?" Aaron smirked.

"But what about your promotion?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Screw that," he whispered and pecked my lips again.

I just smiled, and I kept on smiling all the way to a small diner. That he could make me feel this way was exciting and terrifying at the same time. We ordered burgers and sat in a booth in the empty diner.

"How are you?" Aaron asked suddenly.

"I'm great, why do you ask?" I answered while I took a bite of my burger.

"I'm just asking due to the kidnaping and all," he gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I'm fine, Aaron," I said and took his hand in mine over the table, "really." Aaron nodded and smiled as an 'okay'.

"Jack is eager to see you again," he changed the topic.

"Well, I guess I have to make up for missing the ice cream," I smiled.

Aaron chuckled, "I guess so."

We talked like that for awhile, casual conversations, nothing special. But I was so comfortable and relaxed in his presence. And that's when I realized that I wanted him, all of him. I wanted the good and bad, I wanted everything, regardless how horrible, how dark. I wanted it all, because at the end of the day it's still him. And it made me want to beg him, beg him to stay, to love me. I knew that people were temporary, but I wanted to beg him, to please just this once, be permanent.

He drove me home after a few hours, comfortable silence filled the car. He kissed me goodnight before driving home. And with a big smile plastered on my face, I walked into the apartment.

"Rose, I'm home!" I yelled when I got inside. No answer.

I assumed she was already asleep. So I passed the kitchen and I swear I thought I saw words written on the fridge. But I kept walking. I went on into the bathroom and enjoyed a long, hot shower, not wanting to get rid of Aaron's smell off my body, but doing it anyways to calm my nerves. After the refreshing shower I dried myself with a towel and went straight to bed.

***

As I got up in the morning everything was so peaceful. Which was unusual due to the fact that Rose always got up before me and watched tv. I went to the kitchen but no Rose, nor was she watching tv. Maybe she was still asleep, I went to her bedroom only to find a perfectly made bed. She never went to bed last night, did she?

I picked up the phone and called Emilio, the guy I had asked to take care of Rose while I was in jail. I knew she talked to him on a regular basis.

"Hello Alex!" He answered. "It's so good to finally hear from you!" 

"Hey, Emilio," I said with a stressed tone. "Have you heard from Rose lately?"

"Ah, yes yes, she called yesterday," he answered enthusiastically.

"Did she tell you she was going somewhere?"

"No, she said she would stay up all night and wait for you to come home, she wanted to hear all about your date!" I could practically hear him smile on the other end. On any other day I would have gladly told him about my date but Rose was missing.

"Alright, thanks Emilio, I'll call back soon and then we can catch up, okay?" I said.

"Yes, bye dear!" He said and I hung up.

Panic started to take over my body and I thought of every possible scenario. She wouldn't go anywhere without telling me, without leaving a note.

A note!

I thought I had seen something on the fridge, I rushed over to see magnets forming words on the fridge. Score!

Or not so score. Anger started to fill my body. I knew exactly where she was, or not where, more like who had taken her. I needed help for this one.

I grabbed my keys and my jacket and practically ran down to my car. I speeded away and found myself outside of Aaron's apartment in a matter of minutes. I banged loudly on the door, come on!

"Alex, what are you doing here?" Aaron asked, looking at me up and down.

Only then did I realise that I was in an oversized, green t-shirt, grey sweatpants and blue, thick socks with a pair of slippers. 

"I don't have time to explain," I gestured at my outfit and pushed myself in. "I need to talk to you." I said, phasing back and forth in his living room.

All I could think about was how I had been out, enjoying life with Aaron, and how she probably was scared for her life. Fuck. How selfish could one be?

"What is it?" Aaron asked, concern in his eyes.

"I need your help," I said with a desperate voice. "There's something you should know and I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this earlier but my dad is out of jail,"  I took a deep breath, "and I think he's got Rose"