7

Aaron frustratingly walked back and forth in the waiting room, doing what the room was made for, waiting.

Me, I was on the phone with Morgan. Desperately trying to be help them with the case, desperately trying not to think about Rose.

"Is Reid okay?" I asked after a few minutes of discussing the case.

"I think so, why?" Morgan said.

"I don't know, he was just weird," I sat down in a chair. "Can I talk to him?"

"Sure," I could hear Morgan handing Reid the phone.

"Hello?" His voice full of surprise.

"Hey, how's it going?" I asked.

"Fine," he answered briefly.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes Alex, I'm perfectly fine," and with those words he ended the call.

Jesus.

A nurse stepped into the room which caused both me and Aaron to look up.

"You should go home, get some rest," the nurse said.

"What? No," I shook my head.

"You've been here for over twenty eight hours," the nurse said and raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, so why the hell isn't she out of surgery yet?" I took a step towards the nurse.

Aaron reacted fast, he stood behind me and put his hands on my shoulders telling me to calm down.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but it's a long procedure and she won't be able to have any visitors until morning anyways. So go home," the nurse demanded before leaving the room.

"Maybe we should," Aaron sighed before continuing the sentence, "go home."

"I can't," I shook myself free of his hands and I turned to face him. "I can't go home to an empty apartment, her apartment," I looked at Aaron with begging eyes.

He gave out a concerning sigh, "alright, we can't go to my apartment, Jack is already asleep. So let's go back to the bureau," Aaron opened the door that led out of the hospital.

***

It's been a few hours and the sun was about to enter the great misery of my existence. I sat on the roof of the tall building where we all worked. My legs were hanging down on one side as I watched the sunrise. I could hear someone open the door that led to the stairs down to the office. I didn't care to look who it was, if it was someone with the intent to kill me, I wouldn't mind. In the corner of my eye I could see a figure dressed in grey sit down beside me.

"Glowstick?" Aaron asked, handing me a glowstick.

"No, I'm fine," I said, not meeting his gaze.

"How did you find this place?" He looked at the sunrise.

I shrugged, "I just did."

"Do you enjoy being this.. far away from the ground?" Aaron asked.

"Scared of heights?" I raised one eyebrow and smirked.

"No," he said.

"Scared of falling?"

"Yes, and a bit concerned that you're not," he gave me a small smile.

I laughed quietly.

After a few minutes of silence, I opened my mouth. "Why do you do this?" I asked, looking out into the sky.