7.1

@beau_ashton: FYI flying while sick feels horrible0/10 will not be doing again (ever) 😷👎|(Comments on this post have been disabled)

0/10 will not be doing again (ever) 😷👎
|
(Comments on this post have been disabled)

-

Beau thanks her Uber driver, grabbing her bag from the backseat and her suitcase from the guy who has retrieved it from the trunk of his car for her - apparently chivalry isn't completely dead. She has only just posted her picture on Instagram so, though there is little chance, any of the cast that may have seen it will only know she's at or has been to an airport somewhere.

As she walks further into the complex maze of sets used for the show, a crew member spots her and recognises her. After a quiet greeting, the guy is kind enough to offer to take her suitcase to Matt's trailer - her boyfriend is currently filming (read: being kept distracted by Todd and Matt Hastings) so he won't know - so she doesn't have to drag that around while catching up with the cast and everyone. Todd and Matt Hastings contacted her on social media a couple of days ago to inform her that her boyfriend is starting to mope after being surrounded by so many couples without her, also offering to pay for her flight to visit him. She and Matt haven't been able to talk to each other all that much because of his filming schedule and her still not feeling well so she's not too surprised that it's starting to affect his mood, and the others have apparently picked up on it now.

She slows as she turns the last corner to the Institute set, spotting a few of the cast gathered by one of the screens to watch a scene back but her attention is on Matt. Her boyfriend is sitting against one of the pillars, on the floor with his phone in his hand and she can see a Facetime request on his screen. Her phone vibrates in her pocket, and a quick check of the screen makes her bite back a smile as it shows Matt trying to call her.

Beau catches Todd's attention, waving to him before motioning to the camera he's standing by. He shakes his head to say it's not filming before motioning for her to go to her boyfriend with a thumbs up. She nods, placing her bag down on one of the cast's chairs, before moving towards her sullen boyfriend, now with his head in his hands as yet another call goes unanswered.

It gets quieter slightly as people start to recognise her and take notice. She stops next to Matt, waiting a moment for him to notice but speaking up when he doesn't realise that she's standing there.

"I'm looking for my lanky ass boyfriend - I'm here on special request."

His head snaps up in recognition before he drops his phone next to him and stands up. He engulfs her in a hug, picking her up and digging his face into her neck as she hugs him back just as enthusiastically while wrapping her legs around his waist to hold on tighter. He pulls back to look at her face, and her heart breaks at the tears shining in his eyes, before burying his face again as he shudders with soft sobs. Beau places her legs back on the floor, kissing the side of his head and running her fingers through the back of his hair as she rubs his back with the other hand. She hadn't expected him to cry but she comforts him without a second thought, hearing those around them coo and cheer at the reunion of the pair.

"I've missed y-you so m-much," He stutters, turning his face to kiss her cheek.

"I missed you too, love," It's mumbled but she knows he hears her clearly. "I heard all about you moping so my plane ticket was paid for to come and visit you."

He lets go, taking a moment to get his emotions in check and dry his eyes, smiling to himself with a short nod. "I'm not going to deny it."

She smiles, leaning up to press a kiss to his cheek while holding one of his hands, interlinking their fingers. He smiles before letting go of one of her hands so that he can bend down and get his phone before one of them steps on it. He laughs as Beau is then swept into a hug by the girls, talking over each other about how much they've missed her and how cute their reunion was.

He lets go of her hand, getting in one last kiss to her cheek before the girls sweep her off to see the others who are dotted around. He sends her a text to tell her he'll find her after his next scene before throwing himself into work, determined to get through the scene with minimal mistakes so he can properly catch up with Beau.