7.7

"Bug,"

Beau looks up from her book at the sound of her brother's voice, smiling when she sees him leaning on the door frame. With her attention now on him, he takes that as his cue to continue speaking.

"I'm taking Phoebs out tonight to a fair in the next town over. I've booked a room at a hotel close to it so this place is yours for the night. " He winks at her. "We'll be back tomorrow morning; don't do anything I wouldn't do."

Beau laughs, "That list is shorter than you want me to think."

Flynn rolls his eyes and smiles, waving to his sister before heading downstairs and Beau hears him and Phoebe leave not long after. The four are staying in an old country house that the farmer has on his property; he lets it out as another form of income and, as Beau and Flynn have been here before, they decided to bring Matt and Phoebe with them. It's pretty remote so it gives them all a break from their city lives.

When she next hears the front door, she puts her book to the side and makes her way downstairs. Matt has just put the bag of groceries on the counter, beginning to unpack it, when she reaches the doorway. He looks up from his task, sending her a quick smile before focusing back on the items so he doesn't put any in the wrong place.

"Hi, love." She murmurs the greeting, leaning on the door frame and watching him for a moment. She waits until he is finished putting everything away before speaking again, knowing how much it annoys him to leave other people's places messy even though Beau is usually the one putting things away at his place. "Flynn has taken Phoebe to some fair thing in the next town over, so it's just us here tonight. What do you want to do?"

When he doesn't answer other than to lean against the counter and give her a once-over, she starts making suggestions.

"We could watch a movie, or watch some more of that show you liked on Netflix-"

He cuts her off, moving across the small room and cupping her face, connecting their lips. His kiss is almost searing, the kind that he knows makes her legs weak.

"I've got a better idea," He gets out between kisses, travelling from her lips to her neck and immediately zeroing in on his favourite spot to leave hickeys - though he is careful enough that they can easily be covered by clothing or concealer. "It's too awkward with your brother around but now..." He trails off, distracted by his own task.

"I know," Beau sighs, running her fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck and squeaking when he bends slightly and picks her up easily. "All that gym time comes in handy."

He hums, pecking her lips before bringing her upstairs carefully. "For more than one reason, that's for sure."

-

Beau wakes slowly as she feels movement on the bed behind her, registering the identity of the culprit just as a warm arm slides over her side, his hand resting against her stomach as Matt presses himself gently against her back, probably having wormed his way back under the covers. The covers are still firmly over her and with his body heat pressed against her too she doesn't feel any of the early morning chill, so she doesn't grumble too much at the movement.

"Your brother is going to be back soon." Matt comments, kissing a trail along her exposed shoulder. He chuckles against her skin as she just grumbles in answer and settles against him more. "No more sleeping, it's time to get up now. He's going to be here in half an hour, it's almost 9 o'clock and you still need to shower and go about whatever your morning routine is before he gets here."

She groans, "No, just wanna sleep."

He hums, moving his hand and tracing shapes against her hip as he nips at her neck. "You asked me to wake you up in time so this is your fault."

She grumbles but gives in with a sigh, rolling over and using one hand to keep herself covered as she squints at him. "You should never listen to me, I come up with terrible ideas."

Matt laughs, leaning down to press a fond kiss to her lips before getting off the bed. He grabs her something to wear for the journey from their room to the bathroom, giving it to her to change into while he rounds up her toiletries.

Once decently dressed, she picks out an outfit and takes her toiletries from Matt with another kiss before he ushers her to get moving.

"Breakfast is done when you get downstairs, and I made you tea as well."

"Thanks, handsome." She calls as she enters the bathroom and he goes back downstairs.