4.0

Matt is getting increasingly nervous, Beau notices from her spot behind the camera, fidgeting with props and glancing around more than usual while avoiding her gaze. She briefly wonders if she has done something to make him feel that way but rules it out given that she has only been on set for a very short amount of time seeing as she slept in late today.

"That's a wrap on that scene; the footage looks good." The current director calls, gaining quiet sighs of relief from everyone involved in filming, cast and crew alike.

Beau theorises that she should feel bad for not learning his name before now since they've been working on this episode with this director for a couple of days now, but ultimately she doesn't. He's been working everyone like a slave driver since he started, the breaks fleeting and free time is taken up by learning their scripts from front to back because the director gives them no time to go over them between takes. Beau can see clearly from looking around that it's taken its toll on everyone; fatigue fuelling the dulled down reaction to finally being able to move on to something else. She can tell that this director is a perfectionist, but it's asking a lot from a cast and crew who usually unwind by pranking each other and joking around but now they're all too busy and too tired to even consider it.

Beau turns her attention to her phone screen as the director starts to turn to come back to the chairs, having finished distributing his next orders to the cast and crew. She notices him glancing at her and ignores him still as he moves closer to her. She doesn't even look up when he speaks, barely resisting the urge to grimace at his tone.

"So, what do you do around here? You obviously have some use." She rolls her eyes, moving her arm just as he goes to touch her hand. "I bet you're someone's little helper; you're a pretty little thing too." He reaches out, pushing her face up before she can move away.

She can see crew members around, seemingly wanting to intervene or say something but also wary because of the position this man holds. Beau has also made it obvious various times that she can fight her own battles.

She slaps his hands away, glaring. "I would appreciate it if you reframed from touching me. My cousin has a horrible temper with people that hit on me without appropriate manners." She raises an eyebrow at the sleazy laugh her statement gets. "My boyfriend is also very protective too, and they both look very angry right now."

Beau bites back the amused smirk as she spots her cousin over the man's shoulder, his face contorted in anger, and Matt already making his way closer. The look on the guy's face drops as Matt puts a firm hand on his shoulder. Matthew is not only physically stronger, but he is also taller so it makes him quite intimidating when he's in a bad mood.

"I believe she made it quite clear she's not interested." Matt's voice is low, giving away his anger and making him sound quite dangerous, though Beau finds that she feels quite the opposite to intimidated by it. Matt doesn't give him chance to reply before he makes it clear that the conversation is over. "You have a job to do elsewhere, so go and do what it is you're being paid for."

The pair watch as the director scurries off, Beau seeing her cousin catch up to him on the way and walk alongside him with a firm grip on his shoulder, much like Matt did, apparently wanting to have a conversation of his own with the guy. She pushes herself out of the chair, bracing her hands against Matt's chest as she leans up and presses a kiss to his lips, feeling him place his hands on her waist to steady her as he returns the affection.

"You could have gotten in trouble for threatening him," Beau comments, pulling back from the kiss and looking into his eyes as she draws patterns against his chest with her finger. "But thank you for getting the point across."

He replies by pressing another kiss to her lips, "He's been trying it on with all the girls, but he went a step too far by even considering you. You're not up for grabs and certainly not worthy of the kind of treatment he'd give you. It's disrespectful to you and to me."