(XXII)

I had been unconsciousness.

In and out I went, going to and fro. I wanted to wake but I couldn't.

Jungkook was talking to Jimin. Jimin was probably angry because he had a photo shoot. It couldn't be helped because Jack had insisted and Jimin did have a previous contract with him, that I could not refuse.

I wanted to wake up but I couldn't hear anything else.

😇

When I woke up, all I heard was the small beeping from the machines. I could feel the needles, and tubes going to my arm.

I groaned and turned next to me, I saw Jungkook with a deep frown.

"What happened?" I asked as my head throbbed. It hurt to even think.

"You fainted. While talking to me," he sighed. "You scared the shit out of me. I was talking to you about future marriage plans and you dropped in front of me Hyung..."

"I'm sorry." I said. I meant it.

"You scared the shit out of me." He sighed as I lifted myself up or at least tried to. "Stop, just use the buttons."

"Oh," I pushed the up button and it moved up. The power of technology still amazed me.

"Jimin Hyung is at the photo shoot. I tried to make it so that he didn't have to worry, but he's going to come after the photo shoot."

"Did he call? Because of the couple shoot thing? I tried to say no, but the contract with Jack is hard to break." I groaned knowing full well Jimin was going to be pissed—for more than one reason.

"Hyung."

"Yeah," I responded as I woke up fully, my eyes clear from the sleepiness. It felt like I had just woken up from hibernation. "What is it?"

"What happened with Mora?" He seemed careful to ask, as if he was afraid that I would cry.

"What do you mean?"

"I called her earlier and she...hung up on me. I wanted to wring her neck—as usual." He waited as I stared.

I had almost forgotten about her.

"Oh, I broke it off, not long ago."

I said it. Finally, I told someone. I think I had been afraid to say, kind of. Since I told my mother, I had been unable to tell others. Since I understood. Who would find it so easy to break if off with someone who have shared your life with over a decade?

"What?"

"Yeah, I ended it." It felt freeing.

"Oh..."

"Yeah..."

Jungkook didn't say much after that.

😇

The next day Jimin came over. He had a deeply set frown and his chubby cheeks were angry. He took my phone away as I had been talking to someone at the company when he came in.

Just like Jin, he brought food over, but more healthy, like fruits and such. I don't know why, but he also had a large teddy bear with him.

"Look he's at the hospital. Go deal with it yourself." Jimin growled to the phone. He sounded menacing, unlike his usual self. He ignored the look I gave him. "That's what we pay you to do!"

He shut the phone and stuffed my cellphone in his back pockets.

"No," Jimin did not allow me to complain, "I warned you Hyung. I told you to take care of yourself."

"Jimin...", I had wanted to ask him for my phone but he did not allow me to speak to him.

"Exactly what's wrong with him?" He sighed as he looked at Jungkook.

Jungkook sighed, "the doctors said it was because of exhaustion and stress." Jungkook's doe eyes looked at me and I looked away from him, it felt like he knew something I didn't want him to know. "He's not sleeping...as usual."

Jimin looked at me for answers.

"There's been a lot of work," I explained. "I couldn't sleep, the pills don't work anymore..."

"I thought he was getting better, but it's gotten worse lately." Jungkook chimed sadly.

"Why? I want to know why?" Now they were ignoring me talking to themselves I wasn't stuck in the hospital bed. Jimin continued, "What do we have to do for him to take a damn rest."

"I think we should force him to take a rest."

"Uh...guys...", I called out to them but they ignored me, casted me aside.

"Good idea," Jimin nodded, "you're hereby sentenced to your house until you get better. I want no dark circles under your eyes! Do you understand?"

Why did he sound like an old married woman scolding her son?

"Just accept it Hyung," Jungkook voiced as he lifted himself up.

"Jimin, Jungkook I understand but...come on, house arrest?" I looked at the two of them in disbelief.

"Jungkook do you hear him?" Jimin hissed as he glared at me. It was a warm glare.

"Jimin Hyung watch him. I'm going to go get help." I guess that was when Jungkook had made his decision.

"What kind of help?" Jimin was piqued. So was I, who could persuade me? Or who could help me get sleep? Not even the damn melatonin pills were working. "I don't care. Just get someone who will stop him. Before he dies."

"Okay, oh..Hyung?" Jungkook turned to Jimin who hummed in answer, "if he tries to leave, call Jin Hyung."

"Will do," then Jungkook left...