(III)

I looked at the list of code names they had chosen.

"Red, Purple...Ruby, Eden, Nani...uh, Scarlet, Luna..." I read some of the code names that they had chosen. I looked at the Trainee Manager who dealt with the over-all managing of the trainees who come in. "Jo, What's with all colors in the code names?"

"It's probably because of Jungkook." She shrugged, her hair tightly wrapped in a bun. She always had such cleanly done hair, not a single follicle was out of place. "Golden Maknae. They want to be the next, the best."

"That's not even his code name. It was Kook."

"You called me?" Jungkook jumped out too nowhere and walked beside us. "Hey, Jo?" He winked and Jo blushed madly.

I sighed. Jungkook...

Jungkook had his ways. He had his ways with the ladies but it was the older women that he had full control over. I didn't know if it was a talisman, or his innocent facade, but it pulled them like magnets to him.

And it always caused me trouble.

"Good, you're here." I said.

Since he was here, he might as well show his face and see the assessment together and seeing as he's Managwe wasn't here, I assumed he had no schedules.

"Come on, you come too."

"Where are we going?" He chirped as he winked at the women we passed by.

"The monthly assessment."

"Ugh, no!" He frowned. His eyes were round as he pushed away further but I grabbed him before he could escape. "Aw, come on Hyung. You know I hated those."

"Too bad, you're going to watch and you're going to be a wonderful senior singer. Understand?"

"Fine." He grumbled but he came along as he promised.

😇

We entered the room and waited until the room was settled and quiet.

"We are dividing the team, as you know. Each team will perform only once. Then after that the individual will perform in front of your teammates." Jo eyed all of them as they grumbled and gasped.

"We will alternate a male trainee team and a female. The team that goes previously will notify the next." I spoke loudly enough that I wouldn't have to repeat it. "This is your monthly assessment, please take it seriously. Its about teamwork, your individual skills and levels."

I scanned the room at the trainees. All nervous and serious, the passion in their eyes reminded me of Jungkook.

This system wa built around Jungkook. This entertainment company was built by us.

Golden Hope Ent.

When I had gotten hurt and couldn't dance, Jungkook was the one who took that mantle. He told me that he was going to make my dreams come true. He danced and dance until his body stopped squeaking and moved accordingly to his brain, until it became part of him.

I had been his Manager. We had been a two man team, going around and breaking the industry slowly. Then it grew slowly. When we got bigger, just a little, we bought an office space so we could have a place for him to rest, make music, practice.

Then it got bigger. A dancer and model was added. Money came in more as Jungkook rose bigger and bigger and Jimin became more sought as a model than a dancer. He had a way with the camera and he found a passion when he had his accident...

Jin Hyung has introduced Yoongi and Namjoon who made the song that made the country love Jungkook. Namjoon, whose business has boomed and grown tremendously, helped us set up get a chunk of land and we built a building that would be renovated and fixed until it had grown into the ten story building we had now.

So many years ago...until now.

We had been so young. I was young then, barely 20, but Jungkook had been younger. He had truly been naive and brave trusting me, but we survived. We made it with our hard work.

What was before us was the future and I couldn't help but feel so proud and thankful for the young trainees and Jungkook—for choosing me.

"Jungkook? You have anything else to say? As their senior?" I asked the bunny looking male who also scanned them.

"No. Not really. Good luck guys, really." He said.

"Then let's start. Team Black, your first."

And then we began.