Chapter 14

James POV

When I get home, I notice several boxes in the living room, each of them halfway packed. I make my way into Alexia's room, her clothes in suit cases and toys in boxes. What is going on?

"Jackie! " I shout, heading to our bedroom.

When I walk through the door, I see Jackie sitting on the side of the King size bed, her face in her hands, and I can hear her soft cries.

"Jackie, what is going on?" I whisper, kneeling down in front of her.

"We both knew this day was going to come, it just came a little earlier than we expected." She sobs. "There was no way that you would stop loving her."

"That doesn't mean I don't love you. You have always been my best friend through this entire situation. We have always been a team." She looks away from me, focusing her eyes on the blank wall that once held up our photographs. "Please look at me." I whisper, grabbing her chin so she can look at me, but she jerks away.

"Damn it James, You don't get it! She is the love of your life! I am not! Yes, we say we love each other, and James, I love you. I do. I love you so much, that it hurts to let you go, but I have to."

"Jackie," but she walks away, grabbing more of her things, and putting them in boxes. "Please."

She closes the box, and has movers taking the boxes, putting them into a truck out front. The entire time, she doesn't look at me.

When they are all finished, she grabs Alexia, then walking up to me  "I love you James, but this is for the best." She sobs, tears marking her perfect features.

"We can work this out, just please." I beg, but she kisses my cheek and disappears into her car, and vanishes within minutes.

Now I am left, with no wife, no daughter, no Lexi.

Daniel's POV

This is amazing! I still don't understand why Lexi chose me over James. Or he was stupid and gave up on her. I have never given up her, and never will. 

That day that Lexi had to go to the hospital, I was on my way to see her. I wanted to comfort her in the loss of her brother, but what I didn't expect was someone to comfort me on the loss of an amazing woman like her.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here till I can get up on my feet and get my own place" Lexi smiles at me as she wheels herself through the door. "I still can't believe, four years later, and everyone is starting their lives as families." She frowns. It has only been four years, but she has missed so much. 

"Yeah, so much stuff can happen in a blink of an eye." I tell her, walking to the couch to sit next to her. "One minute I am on my way to see you, and the next minute my world comes crashing down with two simple words, She's dead." I choke up. I know she isn't dead, but that was what they told me, at first. I was just so hard for me, and here she is, in my house, with me, and not James.

"But I'm not dead, I am alive." She smiles, putting her hand on my shoulder. 

"Thankfully." I laugh, and she does too.

A few minutes later, there is a loud knock at the door. Who comes and visits me? No one has really came to visit me, in about 3 years.

I open the door, when the last person I wanted to see, pushes past me, and runs to Lexi. hat the fuck!? 

"What are you doing here?" Lexi asks as James tries to grab her hands, but she slowly jerks away, making me a little happy inside.

"My eyes were opened. I was stupid to leave like that. What I should have done, was take you home, where you belong. With me, and we can make a life together. A beautiful life together. We could start fresh. Make new memories, and love you unconditionally." Oh please. Is this some kind of Joke?

"James, what about Jackie? And your daughter? What about them?" She asks him, tears threatening to spill from her perfect brown eyes.

"They, they left. Jackie is getting a divorce. She told me her Lawyers will contact me. Then she left, not even giving me the chance to say goodbye to my daughter. She can tell that I have never stopped loving you, and never will." He breaths out. Seriously?

'What are you trying to pull?" I spit. He turns to look at me, his face twisted in confusion.

"I'm not trying to pull anything, I am here to bring the love of my life home, where she belongs."

"You mean the home that you and Jackie bought together, so you two and your daughter could be a family?" I point out.

"No, the place where Lexi and I had said we wanted to live when we were older. A place back home in Australia. The place we said we would build together, and raise our family together." He justifies.

"You remember?" Lexi whispers. 

He turns to look at her, and bends down, putting his hand on her knee. "Of course I did. I remember everything we did, everything that happened when we were together. And I will never forget."

There is no way I can get her back after this. I have to admit, they are perfect together. I hate admitting it, but it's true.

She smiles and nods her head, before leaning in, and kissing him on the lips. He stands up, and wheels her out of my house, where I am alone, again.

************

A/N: Drama Drama Drama!!!!! So much drama!!!!!!! What do you guys think about how Daniel and James are to each other?