Chapter 2

JANUARY 5th 2014

"Oh and by the way, I have another surprise for you." He says. "Turn around and open your door." I look at him in confusion.

I slowly get up and open the door. As I open the door I see Jai right there. I didn't know what todo. I just froze there. I started to cry. "Oh no don't cry. I'm right here. And look, so is Daniel." he says.

"I'm sorry, but right now I only Carr about you!" I say as a wrap my arms around him. "Oh ive missed you soooo much!!!" I'm still crying.

"I've missed you too Lex!" he says.

All three of us walk down stairs, my mum and dad standing in the downstairs hallway with smiles in their faces. "How did you guys get here? When did you guys get here? Why are you here?" I ask.

"Well the real reason your laptop wad on this morning was because your mum wanted to check in on us." Says Jai.

I look over at Jessie. "I'm sorry I blamed you Jess." I said.

"Does this mean I can go into your room whenever I want!?" he asked.

"Haha your not that slick" I said as I lightly hit him in the arm with my elbow. We all sit at the breakfast table, Jai on my left, sexy man on my right, next to Jai was Jason, next to Sexy man was Jessie, then my mum, then my dad. "Well where is the rest of the guys?" I ask.

"They're at the hotel" says Jai with a mouth full of pancakes mum made. "I don't them so sleep in while Skip and I came to see you."

"Yeah by the way, and no offence to you," I said as I motioned to skip, "but why are you here?"

Jai looked at me. "I really wanted him to meet you." Said Jai, finishing his last bite of eggs after mum dad Jason and Jessie left. Daniel got up to put his dishes away and left to go to the bathroom. "He said he really wanted to meet you. He's seen pictures of you and I and said that you were really pretty." He whispers.

"But you know I'm not looking for a relationship right now. I'm still getting over James." I said.

"That was over a year ago Lex! And plus you broke up with him. I would kinda understand if he broke up with you, you guys dated for 3 years, but you need to move on!" he says, a little louder.

"I know I know. But it was 3 years. I just can't go through that again."

"James has already moved on. Come on please?" he asks.

"Fine- Wait a minute! Did you say he already moved on?!" I asked angrily. "When?"

"Actually two weeks ago. Yeah see he's ready to move on. Now it's your turn. Get to know him. Come on. Please?" he begs.

"Okay okay. Your right. I need to move on." I say. "How long are you staying?!" I whined.

"Actually, we're moving here!" he said with a smile.

"NO WAY! NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY!!!!!!!" I yell. I jump up and down and hug him tight. "I am so happy!!! Where are you guys moving?"

"Well right now we had to stay at a hotel because we have no beds or anything, but actually, we are moving right down the street." He says as e puts his plate in the dishwasher.

"Alright, well you have to get the boys, and I'm getting my girls and we're all gonna hang out!" I say all happily.

His face drops. "Um Lex, before I forget to mention," he starts. "James is with us." After he says those words, my heart drops a little.

"Why?! Why is he here?!" I ask.

"He's apart of our group, remember, you watch them all the time!" he says.

"I know, but I didn't know that that's why your here." I take a deep breath. "Well that's fine. That's fine. It will all work out fine!" I lie. "Lets go. Ready... Um I'm sorry! what's your name again?" I ask.

"Daniel. Or you can call me Skip." He says. "And yes I'm ready."

"Alright, let's go." I say and all three of us leave.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We all are meeting at the park. I have Annabelle, and Jackie with me. As we get closer to the park, I can see the guys. "Okay you guys, before we go over there, ACT CALM!!" I said. They are both huge Janoskian fans.

"You don't have to worry about me." Says Annabelle. "I'm a professional." She states with her head held high. Jackie and I start laughing so hard!

"Whatever you say." Jackie cooed. We start walking to the park. "I only see 4 boys. I thought there was 5?"

"There is five boys. Where is-" but I was interrupted by Jai picking me up and throwing me over his shoulders and running through the baseball field. "Jai Domenic Brooks! Put me down!" I yell. He starts laughing as we stop. He puts me down, but grabs my arm as I try and leave.

"Hey wait." He says. "I'm sorry about the whole James thing."

I just look at him. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well when he saw you walking here, he pulled me aside and told me that he never stopped loving you. I tried to get you with Daniel, even though your still not ready to move on from James." He said as he looked at the ground, still holding my hand.

"Hey it's okay. Daniel seems like a great guy, but I guess I'm just not ready. And maybe I will be, or I will always be in love with James. It's just gonna take time." I said, grabbing his chin so that we would look at me. "Things happen for a reason."

"I know, but your like, you are my best friend, and I can't, and won't, let anything happen to you." He says.

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere!"

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

A/N: Well I hope you like it! I'm going to try and update as often as possible.

Question for the chapter: What do you think Jai wants Lexi to be with Daniel?

Well that's all, till next time on " My Best Friend". Tata for now!

Danielle Bradberry as Annabel Harkins in the media--