Step Thirty-One

To put last night in words would be insulting to the night itself, because it was indescribable. The only way I could even paint an image of it would be to use a string of clichés, and none of us want that, right? I loved the way our bodies fit like puzzles, and it felt like I finally found the piece I always lost as a kid. His hands cooled my worried breathes, and there was no worry on if I was doing anything right, because with him it was like I could do no wrong. It felt like...It made my feel like an even bigger bitch to push him away so much. Not over what we did, but the fact he was willing to do it. Then again, he is a guy. And on the other side, it didn’t feel like he was only doing it because he was a hormonal boy and I was an okay looker in his eyes. It felt like it was because he wanted me to feel right.

            Lying on my side, I couldn’t help but marvel, and wonder what I did to get someone like him. My hand carelessly went to his face, my fingers lightly hovering over the lips that carried so much…care. Or would it be love? I don’t know. What I do know, is his soft breates began to pick up speed, and seconds later his eyes fluttered open. I must be sprung, because that simple motion made my heart beat a little quicker and a soft blood rush to my cheeks.

“Morning.” He said, voice still heavy with sleep.

“Good morning.”

My eyes fluttered involuntarily as a tingle shot through my body. “Thank you.” I decided to cut to the chase, because neither of us were really ones to beat around bushes and hide in streams at this point. His form of a welcome was kissing my lips, which deepened into something else until I pulled back.

His hand reached out, caressing my cheek before slithering down to my waist, pulling me into him. “How do you feel?”

“Do you want the simple version or the poetic one?” I asked.

“Hmmm…let’s try poetic.”

“I feel…like a blind man seeing the sun and a deaf Mother hearing her babies cries. I feel…like a deserted desert on the first day of Spring, not expecting any rain, but getting a sprinkle. In short, I feel amazing.”

“So you don’t regret anything?” He questioned, doubt evident in his voice.

 I shook my head, wondering to myself why he what he would doubt. “What would I regret?” He shrugged before mumbling an incoherent statement. Deciding it might be best I didn’t know what he said, I wrapped an arm around his neck, absently playing in his little back curls on his head, forcing him to look at me as I spoke. “Last night was perfect, and you were perfect. I don’t think I could ever regret what happened in my life, and if I had to choose anyone else to it with it would always be you. You would always be my first choice…because you’re the only person I trust. So don’t screw it up, mkay?”

He chuckled at my last statement. “Way to ruin an emotional moment.”

“It’s what I do.” I smiled as his lips met mine, only pulling away when I decided it was best to get dressed, or I would never leave this room. “I’m about to go shower and crap.” I took my blanket off the bed, wrapping it around myself as I left. I don’t know why, because I’m sure he saw everything last night, but it just felt like the right thing to do.

            Multiple hours later, okay, it was only two; both of us were dressed and looking for something to do. Still, we sat on my front porch, swinging in the loveseat chair. It was so quiet back here. There was nothing but trees for miles, and a pond was a yard or two in the back. Okay, maybe I did spend a little more than necessary on a house when I got the money too.

“I want to see Jailee.” I said, right out of the blue.

 Calvin looked at me for a few seconds. “She’s at the Marriott Hotel, room 23B.”