Step Eleven

Dedicated to : _RubbieDuckie_ for giving this story a chance, even though she isn't a huge MB fanatic! You are greatly appreciated!

A/N This was originally a Mindless Behavior- OMG Girls fan fiction uintil I changed some stuff on 7/26 to make it a regular story!

I walked in the bathroom, appalled by the scene before me. Maybe appalled isn't the appropriate word, shocked would be better. Horrified, even. I thought my eyes were deceiving me, but a few blinks proved they weren't. In front of me was Star, on the tiled floor letting the life leak from her arms. She was fading in and out and the rapid stream of blood was the most probably cause. I closed the door, checking to make sure it was locked. Under the cabinet was a first aid kit.

No words were exchanged between us as I fixed her arm. First I had to run it under water to see the cuts and then I had to put alcohol on it to clean them. Her hiss of breath brought her back to this world. She looked at me with glossy eyes filled with hurt and embarrassment, but she didn't reject my assistance. Bandaging her arms, I brought my eyes to finally meet mine and saw they were already there. I rolled up my sleeve and held my arm to her. I then pointed to the space near my elbow were faint marks were beginning to disappear.

"I understand." I spoke softly. "I really do."

"How?" Her voice cracked.

"All the cameras see is a smiling face and care-free world. But at the end of the day, we all have our own issues and struggles. We hurt too."

A stray tear fell from her eyes. "I don't know what to do."

"I didn't either. One thing I had to learn though was that this wasn't helping. It really wasn't. It feels like it does at the moment, and the only thing that can really help us to talk about it. I'm not asking for you to talk to me now, but know I'm always here for you."

Star reminded me of me, sitting here and looking at her. She was just a child, lost in a world of cameras and deception. I don't know her past, and I don't know what's going on with it now. All I really know is that right now she looks helpless, and confused, and lost. 

I was her.

We pulled into the studio and were rushed backstage through screaming hoards of fans. I wanted to stop and talk to them, sign some papers, but we were already late enough as it is. The traffic in New York is really bumper to bumper; I now understand why everyone walks and takes the subway. I thought Downtown Chicago was bad, and I was proven wrong.

Our appearance on the Michelle Blake show started in an hour and we still had hair, make-up and vocals before hand. We were rushed into our respective rooms and attended to properly. I was shoved a bag and pushed in a bathroom. I didn't pay to much attention to the outfit until it was already on my body. A blue leopard print short sleeve crop top, black shredded skinny jeans and turquoise high tops shoes. As I was pushed down into a chair and my stylist began to do my hair, I pondered why I was always in a short shirt and skinny jeans. The jeans, I had no issue with (beside the fact they were shredded with no legging underneath!) but my stomach was something I was always insecure about. I think it comes from being bigger than the rest of my classmates when I was younger. I don't know.

Sitting in the chair my vocal coach came in to rehearse notes with me. So as my head was being yanked from side to side, I had to hold high notes that ached my throat. By the time we were done, my hair was in a bunch of soft curls delicately placed on my arms. After being released from the chair, I had to stretch a few times for this performance. This was my first time on an actual TV Show (To think, I’m experiencing a lot of firsts on this show). By the time I was done there were fifteen minutes left until we were called on the show. I exited the room, looking around for any form of teenage life, or, to better put it, I was looking for Jailee.