Chapter 24

Ava

I feel my mood go sour, and he had to bring up this topic. I frown at him.

"Ava, we are dating, don't you think I should know? "

"Apart from that, i have always wanted to know from the day I knew you, please tell me baby" I don't know what to feel right now, anger, pain, sorrow.... Much to feel. I stand up, pick my book and leave the room.

"Ava wait, I'm sorry " i don't listen to him and enter the elevator, closing before he gets there. I stay in elevator and write a note.

"Ma'am where you heading to? " i roll my eyes and show them the note I wrote earlier.

Calvin said I should tell you to let me be since he's around.

One of them looks at me uncertainty clear on his face before nodding. I enter into one of the cars there and drive off before Calvin gets me.

Calvin

She had to take the elevator, dammit! I immediately take the stairs, i knew she was gonna feel bad but not to this extent.

Oh shit, why did we have to stay at the tenth floor, bad choice.

Piece of advice from Bates: learn to stay at the first floor, coz when there's no elevator, climbing down is one hell of a punishment.

I place my hands on my knees to catch my breath after this undeserved exercise. Then I race to the front door.

"Where's Ava? " I ask one of my guards, still panting a little.

"Sir, she left"

"Ok ok that's goo.... Wait she what? " i look at them wide eyed.

"She left this house? With who? "

"Alone sir"

"Jesus christ, alone? Where the fuck were you guys when she left? " I ask getting really annoyed.

"Sorry sir, buh she said you said we should let her go since you're around" I run my hands through my hair roughly. I swear to God, this guys should be fired and made to be beaten for days. What the actual fuck?

"Are you fucking kidding me? You believe her you dummies?

"Sir we had to... "

"Shut up your traps or you will spend the remaining  of your miserable lives in prison" I shout.

I groan "where on earth did I get this things? Get out of my sight all of you" I shout and they scramble away. I enter the elevator and to my room to get my phone.

Calvin. 6:20pm
Ava where are you? I'm sorry.

I'm know I might have reminded her of her past, whatever that made her mute isn't pleasant and I just dug that up by asking her. I really didn't mean to. Ava has brought up a soft spot in me and sometimes, no all the time I don't believe myself.

Fuck! For the sake of fuck its getting late.

Calvin. 7:10pm
Ava please talk to me, I'm worried.

"Sir dinner is served" I look up at Bridget.

"I'm not hungry, Bridget " i sigh. If it was any other person, i would have barked at the person but I respect Bridget.

Ava

I sigh as I put the the papers I printed into my bag and paid the man who grinned at me, mouthing a thank you coz I know I gave him much. I walked to one of Calvin's car I took with me, Calvin would be so mad I left without a security but I had to.