Chapter 20

Am so sorry I updated late, I have some issues going on now so it's kinda hard but anyhow i had to make out time to update.
Please and please do not forget to vote and comment....I will really appreciate . Thank you so much .

"We will be going back to London by Friday " Calvin said and left my room immediately, not even giving me a glance. For the past two days since Madam A died, he has grown pale, he hasn't eaten since then, he leaves very early in the morning before I even wake up and comes back when I am far asleep, every time I try to keep awake to wait for him but I fall asleep afterwards.

Not to talk of Collins. He's practically destroyed every valuable item under this roof. He's a complete mess, his eyes are red sore, he's taken more alcohol than supposed, he shut down his company and left for South Korea earlier this morning, looking all ragged and messy.

Now back to the beast Calvin Bates.

I was scared of him before but now, I am a hundred times scared, he doesn't smile anymore, talk anymore, he stays in his room all the time. Bridget left out of shock, I make dinner but he doesn't come out to eat, I knock on his door but he doesn't even open.

This is the first time he has talked to me since then, only telling me that we are traveling by Friday. I feel bad, so bad, I cry myself to sleep every night, its really hard, she died right before us, she was strong. I feel pity, so much pity for Calvin, I know I can't cry more than the bereaved.

He acts all hard and stiff, but he's really soft on the inside. Things are really hard for him right now and I don't know how to help. I wish I can just help.

••••••••

The car ride to the airport is damn awkward and scary, I have never been so scared of Calvin like I am now, I feel like if he makes a phone call that annoys him, he's just gonna throw me out of the car. I sit at a place, stealing glances time to time hoping he's okay.

"Mute girl, I'm not gonna strangle you or something, it's obvious you are shaking" he says, a slight smile resting on his lips. I blush, looking away. So I was really shaking? Stupid Ava. At least I made him smile, my joy knows no bounds. I know it may sound very stupid and kind of a death wish, but i'm gonna honour Madam A's last wish to me... Staying by Calvin's side.
I can't leave him, not now especially. Something strong tells me that Madam A knew she was going to die, I feel so bad.

We step out of the car and he heads straight to his jet, me trailing behind. He hands his tablets to a young man. He makes to enter but stops and steps back, looking behind him.

"Ladies first " I smile slightly then enter the jet.

The jet leaves the ground as I look out. I don't ever want to step foot in Birmingham again, it ate up Madam A. We came here with her but we are not leaving with her alive, it hurts me so much that the fact she knew she was sick all along but she couldn't cure herself even when she could. I just want to know her reasons. I wipe the tear off my eyes as I notice Calvin's stare on me.

"Sweetie are you alright? " I could see the concern on his face. I give him a slight smile and nod, wiping my face.

Colton

This is exactly six days Ava left, means she's coming back tomorrow or the day after. I swear I can't wait to see her, I have missed her so much. I try to distract myself with one nights stand but its just not working.... They are not even good enough.

The other day I called her, she didn't pick my call, Infact she hasn't called or picked any of my calls for the past three days now... I'm so worried more reason because she is living in the same house with CALVIN BATES... A stupid feeling of jealous crept into me and I try to wave it off.

She is hereby allowed to date anyone but Calvin Bates... I hate that guy's guts.

I walk out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist, the girl I spent the night with is just waking up, rubbing her face... This one was very bad in bed trust me. I move over to my night stand and grab a huge wrap of money, throwing it to her.

"Get up and get out " I say going through my wardrobe.

"At least let me have a shower.... "
I grab her wrist and drag her out of my room throwing her clothes together with her.

"Your freaking time is over.. Get out " she carried her half naked body and clothes in her hands and move down the stairs.

I adjust my tie and head downstairs, they have been calling me for the past thirty minutes but I don't care, I go to work when I want to.
Ava has not left her room since she came back from Birmingham two days ago. It's quite shocking that Madam A had to die the way she said. It's all over the news and Calvin Bates has been giving speeches here and there, guess it must be hard of him but i really don't care. All I care is about Ava and she isn't alright at all. I have been calling her but she doesn't even want to open the door. Peyton, the girl who works for her even came to help and beg her but to no avail, she got tired of begging and we then had a few minutes of fuck, do not blame me, she asked for it and I literally couldn't say no coz she is fucking hot.

"Ava I made breakfast for you, I'm off to work" I say in front of her door and then I head to work.

------

I open the door and see Ava looking so happy and giggling , how did she get so happy. What happened ? She seems so happy, I'm happy she's happy but the fact that I wasn't the one behind it makes me feel curious .

"Ava what happened?" I ask sitting beside her and holding her shoulders . She looks at me and smile then points to the television .

"The death of miss A was one hell of tragedy spiced to my life. The very First Lady lady that brought joy into my life after the death of my bio mom. The only woman who let me call her 'mom'. The most painful part of this tragic story is I never got to thank her for everything, I miss her so much and I just hope that wherever she is up there, probably throwing one hella party in heaven or pestering some random guy to drive her to one, i just want to let her know that I'm grateful. But unlike other tragic stories, mine actually had a pleasant ending, i want to especially thank the very woman who made me get through the pains and misery, the woman who made me smile just thinking about her silly teasing smile, that very woman happens to be Avalon Williams, thank you Ava for being the shoulder to cry on. Blessings, " I watch with my eyes wide as Calvin Bates finishes his speech as a picture of both of them in a limousine shows up on the screen. I feel my blood boil as I withdraw my hand from her shoulders, for reasons I don't know I was feeling so annoyed. I stand up immediately and quickly head upstairs leaving a surprised Ava there wondering what came over me.

I pace around my room, I was angry and the same time confused. I'm confused because I don't know why I acted the way I did, I don't want Ava to be with Calvin Bates ......or any other guy. Why on earth am I thinking this way?

Wait! Am I in love with Ava?

I'm so grateful to you all, I clocked 5k views, I can't thank you guys less. Thanks a lot.
Vote and comments.,,,thanks !