Chapter 13

Calvin

"Cherry, my office now " I spoke into the intercom and in less than a minute, she walks in.

"Yes sir"

"Postpone the interview I have with those guys till tomorrow please" I spoke, my eyes glued to my laptop.

"Of course sir " she said, walking away.

"And did I tell you I was done with you? " I ask, my voice a little harsh, as I look up from my work.

"I'm sorry sir" she says, her voice shaky.

"Tell Nathan to prepare one of my jets for my travel next week Wednesday to England "

"Yes Sir " she says, tapping into her tablet.

I look up from my laptop and notice she's still standing looking at me.
"Yes, what is it Cherry? " I ask.

"Sir I was waiting for you to.... "

"Please leave my office young lady" I interrupt her getting really irritated.

I am not able to do the interview for a new PA because Collins mom insisted I joined for lunch. Of course I had to accept, she was like the mom I never had.

"Frederick pick me up by one okay? " I cut the call, and look over my table, bunch and bunch of work to do, my secretary is really trying, doing the work of a secretary and a PA, I really need a person assistant ASAP.

I start working, trying to put all my focus on it but its just so impossible, I can't possibly take my mind of mute girl... Oh shit you still call her that.

I was so surprised, she had the guts, the impetus, the audacity to lay her hand on ME? Like me, me Calvin Bates, most powerful man in the country, she was in shit cake but somehow i didn't seem to mind.

It annoyed me to the bones, the real Calvin Bates will render that's person's life useless and jobless with just a phone call. But the Calvin Bates sitting now is just.... Well sitting and thinking, not even planning to revenge or something like that. Instead he wants to know the kind of girl she is to have all the guts she had to slap him.

I really need a PA. I call Cherry into the intercom and she appears less than a minute.

"Yes sir "

"I want you to do the interview for the two guys who are applying for the PA today and let him start work on Monday, did you hear me?

"Yes sir but... "

"But what Cherry? " I stamp my table with my fist, getting angry already for no reason.

"I wanted to say that there is now more than two applicants"

"Dismiss the other ones and do the interview for the ones you told me about earlier, do you understand Cherry? "

"Yes sir " she says and stumbles away.

^°^°^°^°
Third person

Frederick opens the door of the Bentley for Calvin to come out, he steps out and walks into his best friends mansion.

"Mom, mom! " he calls out. A habit he'd picked to address Madam A as mom, even though his mother was walking the face of the earth. Walking past the sitting room and heading for the dinning room. He clicks the door open and he's stuck to where he is by the sight of what is before him.

He sees mute girl in all her beauty, her hair tied into a real messy ponytail, she's in bum shorts, her beautiful long legs were beginning to mesmerize him, he stood there as if the world had just paused just for the two of them, as she stood there too looking into his slight green eyes.