Chapter 14

The rest of the weekend was great. Brandon and I talked about everything. He opened up to me about Erica and instead of getting angry or jealous, I listened. He asked me questions about Mike and as much as I didn't want to answer them, I knew I had to. 

Sunday afternoon when we returned to school, we decided we would go to our own dorms. I honestly needed a few minutes to process everything that had happened. I felt like we'd move to the next step of our relationship. We didn't seem to have secrets and he was honestly trying to let me in to his life. 

"You call me if you need me for anything, ok?" Brandon said as he left me at my door. 

"I promise. You can always call me later if you miss me so much." I stood on my tip toes and kissed his lips. I loved that no matter where we were he let me kiss him or show him affection. His arms wrapped around me, pulling me against his body. His teeth nibbled my lip but I denied him, pulling away slowly. 

"I have to hold out so you'll come back to me tomorrow. I'm not that easy," I responded in a flirtatious tone that earned a smile from him. 

"I'll promise you I'll come back tomorrow, and the day after; For as long as you'll let me. I love you." I smiled at his words and kissed him again. 

"I'll call you in a while ok? I'm going to go take a shower and catch up with Mary." 

"Ok, don't go out alone." He gave me a stern look and pointed his finger at me like a father would. 

"Ok, Dad. No problem." I rolled my eyes but smiled at him as I turned away. He smacked my butt a little harder than needed, earning himself a real eye roll. 

"I had to leave you with something to remember me by as well." His genuine smile caused my heart to race and I felt myself blush. I wanted to beg him to stay but I knew we couldn't spend every second together. 

"I think my body will remember our activities from this weekend for a while. Go now or I won't be able to let you go." He winked at me and watched me as I went inside. I realized he was always doing little things like that for me to make sure I was safe. That made me smile knowing he cared for me like that. 

"Honey, I'm home," I called as I closed the door behind me to my dorm. 

"Davis?" Mary called to me from her room and I walked in that direction. 

"Yeah, how was your weekend?" I walked into her room and she was sitting on her bed with Mia. Mia didn't look happy but almost angry. 

"Did I interrupt something? I can leave you?" I looked between the two of them as I started to back out of the room. 

"No, not at all. We were actually talking about you and Brandon." That caused me to frown, unsure why they would be talking about us and look so upset. 

"Ok, well what's up? Did something happen?" Mary and Mia looked at each other and then back at me. 

"I think you should sit down," Mary said to me as she got off her bed. I knew my good mood couldn't last long. Sighing, I dropped my bag on the ground and sat at the chair by her desk. 

"Just spill it. I was having a great time and something always has to ruin my day. What happened now?" I took another deep breath and Mia spoke before Mary did. 

"So you may not know this or not but Erica and I have two classes together. She and I aren't friends but I know of her because of my classes and the rumors that went around school a while ago. I overheard her talking to someone about a plan she was working on. A plan to get Brandon back." She paused and looked at Mary. My heart sank.