Chapter 9

The next two weeks were hard for me. I did actually sleep in my car that night. I drove off campus so I didn't have to been seen by anyone actually sleeping in my car. Mike was texting me like crazy to just move in with him and work things out. Brandon never texted me but I'd heard from around campus that he and Erica were back together. I wasn't surprised. I knew he would go back to her and looking back at it now; they probably were sleeping together behind my back. I was just something to throw in her face to make her realize what she had. I was his revenge lay since she was sleeping with Mike. I didn't want any part of their issues thought.

I found a new roommate on campus. She was a senior and never really in her dorm. The only rule she had was I couldn't bring anyone back and that was honestly fine with me. She was so busy doing her senior classes and focusing on graduating that I could probably throw a party in here and she wouldn't know.

I just went to classes, didn't really talk to anyone unless I had to and focused on me. I was taking a dancing class three days a week for something to do. I'd always wanted to take one of those classes so now I was. I was only doing things that made me happy.

I was deep into my homework when a knock at the door caught me off guard and scared me. I walked to the door and looked through the peep hole, only to see nothing. Was someone seriously covering the hole? I pulled the door open only to try and close it again quickly.

"Davis, wait." Mike's handsome face was staring back at me and he grabbed on to the door to keep it open. "You have no idea who I had to bribe to find out where you were."

"Don't you mean screw?" I smiled up at him and tried to close the door again, hoping my comeback would throw him off. It didn't and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Damn, bitter much?" He smiled down at me and I tried to close the door again.

"Nope. I'm not bitter. I'm just smarter now. What the hell do you want since you clearly won't go away until you tell me what it is?"

"I just needed to see you. I miss you."

"Oh please. You treated me like a toy. You only wanted me because Erica wasn't single and even then that didn't stop you from sleeping with her. I wouldn't be surprised if you two are still sleeping around behind Brandon's back."

"Brandon? What are you talking about?" I frowned up at Mike and rolled my eyes again. Did he think I was stupid? I knew he was back with Erica.

"Brandon is back with Erica. Everyone has been talking about it. How they broke up because she got pregnant and cheated and then he slept with me to get back at her and he realized how much he loved her and broke up with me so they could get back together. It’s going all around school like this is junior high."

"Erica and Brandon are back together. He has been for a little over a week."

"Well that's even better. Good for him. Can you go now that you've confirmed all the gossip?"

"That isn't why I came here. I really do miss you." He pushed open the door and it made me stumble back out of the way. Damn he was strong.

"You can't be in here. My roommate doesn't like people over."

"I'll only be a few minutes. I just need to talk to you for a minute. Can we please sit down?" I looked at him and took a big deep breath.

"You have five minutes and then I'm calling security." I moved over to the couch and he followed, sitting too close to me.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything that happened and how it happened. I never meant to hurt you like I did. I wanted to come here and be honest with you to see if you and I could possibly be friends. I know we can never be anything more but you are an amazing person and I genuinely miss having you in my life. You made me smile and I looked forward to spending time with you."