Chapter 2

I went back to my dorm and changed my clothes into something nice... Or what I thought was nice. Coming out of the bathroom and seeing Erica made me so realize I wasn't ever going to be able to wear jeans and a t-shirt again without feeling horribly inadequate.

"Are you really going to wear that?" She asked me in a bitchy tone.

"Well obviously since I'm wearing it. What's wrong with it?" I watched her look me up and down and then roll her eyes at me. She moved to her closet, riffled through her clothes and

"Here, wear this. You want to make a statement don't you? Here, this will look amazing on you." She pushed a short little purple dress at me and I gasped, moving away from it like it would hurt me.

"I can't wear that. There's nothing to it."

"Don't be silly. It stretches. Just try it on and if you don't like it, you can change." She was being nice to me and I couldn't understand why. She'd said such nasty things about me earlier, but what did I lose from trying it on? Erica was watching me work it through in my head and when I smiled, she giggled with excitement.

"I even have a pair of shoes that will look amazing with it. We can do your hair and makeup as well."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked her and suddenly wished I could take it back.

"What do you mean? We are roommates and we will be great friends. I'm just helping you out. Don't you want someone as amazing as Brandon?" Her question held more to it than what she said and I picked up on it. I wasn't going to answer that, so I smiled at her and turned to the bathroom to change.

I undressed quickly because I'll admit; I was curious how the dress was going to look on me. I stepped it the dark purple dress and smiled at the feel of it as it moved over my body. I turned to look in the mirror and smiled at what I saw. This dress was amazingly short and it was a task in itself to walk in it without losing your dignity. I turned around and realized it wasn't a dress you wore underwear with, so I slid them off and held my head high as left the bathroom.

"See, I told you it would fit you. Now, come sit down so I can do your hair and face."

Doing as she asked, I sat down on my desk chair and took a deep breath and gave her free rain. After a long while and a lot of deep sighing on my part, she finally said she was done.

"Go look at what I've done. You look great."

I got up slowly, moving to the bathroom mirror and too in the face of the woman standing in front of it. I raised my hand to touch the glass and it took me off guard that the image followed me. The woman looking back at me looked nothing like me. She was beautiful and perfectly put together. She was confident and sexy. I was none of those things.

"Are you ok in there?" Erica asked me and I jumped, realizing that I'd been in here a while.

"Yeah, I'm ok... I'm just afraid to come out." I heard her snicker on the outside of the door but pull it open and come in.

"You look great. Brandon, come here. Doesn't my little work of art look great?" She stepped aside and Brandon moved in front of her. His eyes looked at mine and he gasped in shock. I felt a pang in my heart because his look of lust turned to a look of anger.

"Yeah, she's pretty," He responded flatly like I was nothing and I wanted to die. He'd said such sweet things to me when Erica wasn't around and he couldn't even give me a decent compliment?

"Thanks," I responded and shouldered past him into our living room.

"My God you look sexy," Mike said and I felt my face turn red. "You have got to be the hottest little thing I've laid eyes on." He moved towards me and placed his hands on my waist, making me crash against his chest.