Chapter 22

"Davis, sweetheart can you open your eyes for me?" I was being shaken slightly but I didn't want to open my eyes. I was warm finally and comfortable. I squeezed my arms around whatever I was holding and someone choked, making my eyes shoot open. The first thing I saw was a neck and when I looked up, I saw Tim's face in mine.

I tried to move back but his grip on me tightened. "It's alright, you're safe. You fainted a while ago. We are on our way to the hospital." My heart was pounding but something said I could trust them. I took a few deep breaths and looked back to Tim.

"You can set me down if I'm too heavy." I started to scoot away from him, trying to sit in the middle of he and Bobby but he held me tightly against his chest.

"We tried that but as soon as I set you down earlier you started to shake and cry in your sleep. I think it's best if you just stay here." My eyes grew wide but I didn't respond. I was so tired and I wanted a shower.

I nodded and took a deep breath, laying my head on his shoulder. Tim wrapped his arms back around me and my eyes closed on their own. As I laid there, all I could think about was being free finally. I didn't have to worry about anyone hurting me or hitting me if I did something they didn't like. I didn't have to live in fear.

I pulled the front of Tim's jacket more around me and I cried into the front of it. Tim must have felt me shake because I felt his lips kiss my temple and say, "Everything was going to be alright now."

I must have fallen asleep again because when I woke up the next time, I was laying in a hospital room. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. The room was all white and my name was written on a dry erase board on the wall in front of me. Above that, a small T.V. was on, making some noise.

"Oh you're finally awake," a woman said and I turned my head in her direction. She was obviously a nurse, seeing as she was dressed like one. "He will be so upset that he wasn't here to see you wake up."

I cleared my throat and when my words came out scratchy, she handed me a cup of water. "Drink this, dear." I took it from her and inhaled it. She just smiled at me and filled it back up with more water.

"Thank you," I finally said and she just smiled. "Who were you talking about before. Who will be upset?"

"Oh, that nice boy. Matt, Mark, Mike. Something like that." My eyes grew huge and I moved back from her. I couldn't stay here if they knew I was here. I started pulling out the IV's in my arm and the nurse spun around to finally notice me freaking out. She pushed a button next to my bed quickly and moved closer to me.

"It's alright, dear. No one is going to hurt you. Calm down." She grabbed my shoulders to try and stop me but I said no and pushed her off. I stood up quickly, only to feel light headed. I didn't care though, I had to get out of here. I ran towards the door, using anything I could touch as a stabilizer only to hit a flesh wall just as I made it to the door.

"No! Let me go!" I screamed and thrashed around.

"Davis, calm down. It's just me." I didn't care who it was. Mike was here and I needed to leave. When I didn't stop struggling, his arms circled me, making me stop. His face was right in mine and he forced me to look at him.

"Tim," I said loudly and out of breath.

"Yes. Please calm down before you hurt yourself more." He didn't give me time to respond. He picked me up bridal style and carried me back into my room. I started to cry and wrapped my arms around his neck, squeezing hard enough to hurt but he didn't complain. He moved to set me down but I didn't let go.

"No please don't let go. He's here. The nurse said he was here and he's going to get me."

"Do you mean Brandon? Did you see him?" The rage in Tim's voice made me stop and look at him.