One

After a long time of driving, they finally made it to Palm Beach, Florida. It was hot, probably hotter than hell itself. But the losers could handle. They've handled a lot worse.

"This is the place," Mike said as he pulled into the driveway. And the house was gorgeous. It was two stories, and a beautiful teal. "Let's go in and claim rooms before we get our bags," he said as he turned the car off. The 6 others nodded and got out the car fast. When they opened the door, they were star struck. To their right was the living room, and it was absolutely stunning. It had a couch, loveseat, and recliner. It also had a small table and TV, and then a fireplace. To their left was the kitchen. It had an island in the middle, with marble countertop. In fact, all the countertops were marble. It then had a small booth in the corner that could fit all 7 of them. There were bar stools around the island, 6 of them. In front of them was the staircase that led to the rooms. They walked up the stairs, which revealed a long hallway. At the end left was the bathroom, and at the end right was a storage closet. Then there were the rooms. 2 of the left, 2 on the right. Bev and Ben got the first room on the right, and Mike got the second room on the right. Bill and Stan got the room across from Bev and Ben, and Richie and Eddie got the room across from Mike.

(If you don't get it, look at the pic)
Over the next couple of weeks, they painted and re-did their rooms to their liking.

Bev and Ben ;

Stan and Bill ;

Stan and Bill ;

Richie and Eddie ;

Richie and Eddie ;

Mike ;

The next morning, Mike went out to go get food for the house

The next morning, Mike went out to go get food for the house. He was the first one up, obviously, as he was used to getting up at 4 every morning.

Richie and Eddie were the last ones up. Why? Not because they were having sex, or because they stayed up making out. It was because Eddie was trying to calm Richie down, since Richie was crying. Why, you may ask? Well, Richie was afraid. He was afraid that moving wasn't gonna work, that his dad or mom were gonna find him, and that Eddie was going to leave Richie.

Richie woke up first, and noticed that someone was holding. He looked up and saw Eddie's adorable sleeping face. Eddie's arms were wrapped protectively around Richie's waist, Richie doing the same but with Eddie's neck. Richie's head was resting in the crook of Eddie's neck, and Eddie's head was resting on top of Richie's. Richie smiled, then frowned as he thought of everything that had happened in the past 2 weeks. He wiggled his way out of Eddie's grasp, and sat at the end of the bed. Tears began to run down Richie's face, not stopping any time soon.

Eddie heard a light sob, and that was what woke him up. He sat up, rubbing his eyes. "Rich, baby, who's crying," he asked groggily.
He opened his eyes, and noticed that Richie was the one crying. "Rich," he said softly. He crawled towards Richie, and wrapped his arms around Richie's chest. His chest was to Richie's back, and he placed his chin on Richie's shoulder. "Rich, what's going on? You were upset like this last night." Richie shook his head, and placed his head in his hands and cried harder. Eddie unravel himself and stood in front of Richie. Richie was becoming emotionally healthy, lately. He was hardly happy during the trip. He would usually cry, but no one noticed. One time, Richie didn't move for a day and a half. The losers were worried, but more specifically Eddie. "Rich, what's wrong? You've been scaring me these past couple days," Eddie managed to croak out. "I'm sorry for worrying for, Eddie. I don't mean to." Eddie frowned. "That doesn't matter. But I need you to tell me what's up," Eddie said as he ran his fingers through Richie's messy curly hair. "It's just, you guys get so tense with me. Like, you guys get so worried about me. And I hate it. You guys don't have to worry about me. You got this way ever since you guys found out who was placing these bruises on me. You don't have to protect me all the time. Or check my body every time I come back from leaving somewhere. I know you guys are only doing cause you guys love and worry about me, but I hate it. It makes me feel weak. It makes me feel so worthless." Richie looked the other way, not wanting to lock eyes with Eddie. Eddie wiped his own tears away and sat in Richie's lap. He was straddled in Richie's lap, but not for that reason. "Rich, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that we've been treating you like a baby. And you're not worthless. You're worth everything, Rich. Everything. Words can't explain how much I love you. But just know that I never meant to make you feel this kind of way. I love you. I love you so much." At this point, Eddie was placing kisses all over Richie's face. Richie smiled, and held onto Eddie's hips. "I love you, too, Eds. You know that." Eddie nodded and continued to kiss Richie's face.

After exchanging loving kisses for 15 minutes, Eddie placed his head in the crook of Richie's neck. "Rich?" "Yea?" "Should we go downstairs with the others?" Richie contemplated, then answered Eddie with, "Only if you want to, baby boy." Eddie smiled. He loved the nickname baby boy. Eddie got off of Richie's lap and held out his hand. "Let's go."

Richie and Eddie walked downstairs, hand in hand, and saw everyone else. Ben was making breakfast, and Bev was sitting on the counter complementing him. Stanley and Bill were cuddled up on the couch watching, Everything Sucks! And Mike was putting away the groceries. All beads turned to them. "Finally you two are up," said Bev. "Were one of y-y-you crying last n-n-night? We heard crying, b-b-but we haven't cried," said Bill with a worried tone and facial expression. "I, um, yea. Sorry about that," said Richie as he squeezed Eddie's hand a little bit. Eddie glanced over and the two looked at each other. He gave Richie a reassuring smile. "You know that you can come to us if anything's wrong, right Richie," said Mike. Richie sighed and nodded. "Good. Now, Chef Ben, how's the food coming along," Mike asked with a hearty smile. Bev grabbed a fork and took a bite of the food. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head in pleasure. "Oh my god, it is so good," she said smiling. "My boyfriend is the best chef ever! Ha ha!" Mike rolled his eyes, and Bill and Stan weren't paying attention.

Once Ben was done, they all sat in the booth. He made everyone a sausage egg biscuit with French toast. "Ben, how do you make this?! It is so good," said Stan. Ben shrugged. "I got bored one time and made breakfast for Bev. I just got what I thought would make it taste good. Guess it worked," he said while he was pouring himself some orange juice. "Well, you were right," said Eddie as he smiled.

That was the moment they knew that it wouldn't be so bad. They didn't need their family. The were their own family.

A family of losers.

Ya girl finished the first chapter! So I have an unhealthy obsession with Stranger Things. I have a blanket, two posters, a yeti cup, and two mini figurines. But I got the IT book and now I'm on page 223 and it's really good. Thanks for continuing this really really awfully written book. - M.B.🦋