Epilouge

- Ike Pinto's Perspective -

I get off of the chopper, and land back in District 11. The rebels had let me go back to my home while the war started. I had to see Vanessa. We were going to start our bakery together.

I walk through the streets, nobody walking around. It was eerily quiet. I hook a left, and book it for the bakery.

I run through the door, hearing the all too familiar bell. No one is at the counter, so I climb the wooden stairs to the living quarters.

"Vanessa?" I yell. "Anyone ho-"

I fall to the ground as my head throbs with pain. I see the head game maker, Ronnie, walk into the hallway.

"Oh, she's home." He says. Vanessa is brung our by a Peacekeeper and She is bounded with tape and chains. A peacekeeper holds me down, and Ronnie gets in my face. "If you'd have stayed in that arena, you'd have been fine."

Then Vanessa falls to the ground, blood spilling from her chest. The Peacekeeper then aims the gun at me.

     "We take no pleasure in this." Ronnie says, before everything goes black.

...

"And So was the 100th Games. Children.. brutally slaughtered for the 100th time.. but it wasn't the last. The war would last for an excruciating 2 years, dealing massive damage to 3 and 10."

     "But what happened to the survivors?"

     "Well, let's start from the top. Cora Waterfall was used as a Capitol puppet for the Rebellion."

"Damien was killed minutes after by excessive burns and voltage, wounding his body to an unrepairable amount."

"Gwyn was murdered for her affairs with Damien, and assistance to his cause.

"Isla was also a Capitol puppet. Asher, well he was killed. Ike and Theo were as well."

"No one knows quite what happened to Lyka, Tender, and Mackenzie. They must've escaped.

"That's an interesting intro video." I say. "You know, for the District reminder."

"Yup." President Snow says. "Let the 102nd games begin.