Day 3: Beaten

(Actual pictures taken by me at the location of the arena. This area of Canada is beautiful.)

- Ike Pinto's Perspective -

A group bursts out of the tree line, catching all of us off guard. I expected it to be the duo we had a run in with earlier. But this was worse. Worse than my own nightmares.

It was the Careers.

I immediately reach for my bow, seeing one of them charge me. There were 3 of them and 3 of us. I feel the bow handle come into my hand as I'm plowed to the ground by a girl. It was Cora.

I eat dirt and swing my head to spit some of it out of my mouth. A knife comes hurling down to my right, looking like a bayonet. The one on Cora's crossbow. I get an idea.

I grab the base of her weapon, preventing her from pulling the knife out of the ground. I then knock my head back, evidently connecting my skull to her head. I feel a warm liquid start pouring on my skull.

I crawl out from under her and reach for an arrow. The impact I made on her face hit her on the bridge of the nose. That nose was gushing blood. That must be what's on my back. Ew.

I can't see Hazel, but I can see Kyle squaring off against Kade. It wasn't going well for Kyle. Kade manages to get a grip on his throat, and holds him up in a choke hold. Kyle is strong, but is no match for a brute like Kade.

Seeing Kyle helpless like that is something I cannot stand. I grip an arrow, and draw it before releasing. It misses and flies into a nearby tree, causing no harm. But, I do draw attention from him.

It gives Kyle a millisecond of breathing time until Kade returns to the hold. He lifts him into the air, and pounds him into the ground.

Then I feel a sensation on my cheek. It's Cora's bayonet slicing into my cheek. I fall backwards, off of the small ridge where we went to go do bodily actions. I crash into the ground, blood spewing my face.

Cora stands atop the ridge, and aims the crossbow at me. I close my eyes, expecting death. Goodbye, cruel world.

I feel an immense pain in my hand. I scream, and look back to see an arrow lodged in my left hand. Cora looks at me, smirking.

"No, no." She says. "You ain't dying that easily. Once we kill your friends, I'll be back for you."

She walks out of sight, and I try to get up. My arm screams in pain, and my eyes fix on the water by me. My face is torn on my left side, her knife wound being at least 4 inches long.

I look around, trying to think of what to do. To my right, someone is looking from the bushes. I recognize him. It's Eli Tylers.

"J-Just kill me." I muster.

"No." He says. "I want to help you."

@TheStellaLuna What do you do?

- Lyka Storm's Perspective -

"Aside from, well, the killer shit," Theo says. "This place is actually really beautiful."

"True." I say. "It reminds me of Victoria. You're getting that too, Tender. Right?"

"Yeah." He says. "A little too much like home."

"Yeah, I guess." I say. I turn my head to screams in the distance. They're coming from the southwest.

"Who could those screams belong to?" Tender says.

"Don't know." Theo says.

"Hold up, guys." I say, looking at someone on the shore. "I think we're gonna make some screams."

- Mackenzie Haze's Perspective -

I wake up from a nightmare, sweating all over my body. My breathing slows as I realize I'm not being chased by Careers anymore.

I look around for Asher. His sleeping area is empty, with one small piece of tree bark left behind. The sunlight quickly makes me squint my eyes as I grab the piece of bark.

It has some writing on it. "Asher For Nina"

"Oh no, no.." I begin, starting to panic. His Katana is gone, and some of our supplies are gone. Did he really leave me?

"ASHER!" I yell. It just echoes through the trees, and I get no response. "Fuck!"

I throw my crossbow to the ground and collapse. I'm crying my eyes out. I'm alone now. My survival is in my hands only.

I'm alone. Like when my boyfriend was killed. When my parents died. My head is in my hands, as I realize what I'm doing.

I have to get out of here. Out of this arena. I'll find Asher, fight with him till the end, and kill him. I'll be free from this hell.

I scream just for the sake of screaming, Not actually saying anything. I'm slowly losing my mind in here.

And it's only day three.

@TheStellaLuna What Do You do?

- Alex Sachar's Perspective -

Is this actually a thing? I though boats were only at the main island. I had found a boat docked on the north shore. Two, actually. Like no one had found them yet.

I hop in to one, about to start the engine. Let's go to the south shore.

Thud

A rock falls behind me, hitting the smooth sand. I look around, and see a group of 3 standing behind me. Lyka, Tender, and Theo.

I quickly start the engine and pull away, barely escaping them. But then they go for the second boat.

I push the lever to full throttle and rocket away, as they get into their boat. I pass by an island, before getting close to the mainland. I turn the wheel, and hop off of the boat as it's driving. It should distract them from me.

I crawl onto the shore, hearing their engine. I aim my sniper, ready for them to rocket by the island. Their boat rockets past the island, heading for the un-piloted boat.

I give up trying to snipe them, as they are moving way too fast for an accurate shot. If I had to guess, It's probably 11:00 in the morning right now.