Night 1: Collide, Part 2

- Damien's Perspective -

"You won't hurt me?" Kourtney says as I ready my shield.

"Long as you don't hurt me." I say.

"Splendid." She says. "Deal."

     I then hear a sound behind me. It's like an explosion going off, not a cannon, no. It's what I've been waiting for. Streaks of electricity spark through the arena sky, converging on one point.

It then fires down a bolt of electricity onto a tree. It somehow doesn't get burnt from the power, but I see the electricity creep down the cliff... and into the lake.

The lake is shocked with electricity and I can see the water around the impact site twitching. Dead fish rise up onto the surface, and the event ends.

"Damn." I say. "Well, that's nice."

"So, do you want to join us?" Gwyn Says. I can tell Kourtney isn't too keen on this.

     "Are you sure about this?" Kourtney asks. "He's mysterious. We don't know what he's up to."

     "I'd love to have some allies if you can promise me something." I say.

     "And what is that?" I hear Gwyn ask from behind us.

     "That I get to that tree by midnight tomorrow." I say, pointing to the tree lightening struck moments ago.

     Kute_Kittenwrites nellouse1 Do you accept or deny him in your alliance?

- JP's Perspective -

     "He knows we know." I hear Ronnie says as he leans over the control center in the game room.

     "Say what?" I ask, walking over to Ronnie.

     "Our little rebel friend in the Capitol knows that we know about him." He says, showing me a message. "It's not encoded this time, it's just in another language. We had our translator from southern district 4 to help us out on this one. It's Spanish."

"What does it say?" I ask again.

"In English, 'I'm stuck in the Capitol right now. Disable my electronic pagers if necessary. They are looking for me. I just hope that Damien can do what needs to be done before all this shit hits the fan"
He quotes.

"3 is up to something." I say. "We need to eliminate him before the next day is over. He must be gone."

"I understand." Ronnie says. "We will."

"Do it soon." I say. "Funnel him into other tributes. Get the Careers on him. Kill him with poison. Blow up his tracker, I don't fucking care Ronnie. Do this before 10 tomorrow."

"Calm down, JP." He says. "We're working on it."

"I'm sorry." I say, rubbing my hair. "I just don't want either of us to have to answer to Snow about this. I'm sure you feel the same?"