Night 2: One Day

- Hazel Astora's Perspective -

     "Kyle." I say. "You do this."

     "Will do." He says. "Kourtney, and you with the bow, listen. Why don't we make a truce and go our separate ways? Then no one gets hurt. Unless you want to be killed."

     "No, that's great." The nameless one says. "Kourtney, lets go."

     "Gladly." Kourtney says. "See you, Kyle."

     "Good luck." Kyle responds. "Now go, or I'll shove this knife so far down your..."

     They both turn around and dart back the way they came. Phew. That was way to close for comfort. At least no one got hurt. Well, not us.

     "Hey, How were you going to finish that sentence?" Ike asks Kyle. "Far down your what?"

     "Why don't I leave it a secret?" Kyle says. "Give you something to look forward to tomorrow."

     "Which is code for "I didn't plan that far." Ike says, giggling.

     "I'm siding with the bean on this one." I say.

     "Of course you do." Kyle says. "Fucking perfect."

- Eli Tyler's Perspective -

     Amidst all of the chaos, I was enjoying solitude in a more remote area. I had encountered nobody but Ike so far, and it looked like somebody was going to find me rather than I finding them.

     A bush of berries presents itself in front of me. I carefully inspect all of the berries, and determine that 10 of them aren't poisonous. The Capitol sure likes to use food and water as a weapon against the tributes. They've been doing that since the first games. An ancient memory.

     The berries are surprisingly tasty. Not too sour, nor too sweet. Just right. I would need to find meat sometime soon, though. Vegetables only get me so far.

     As I munch on the berries, I begin to form my plan for the rest of the games. How I could win the games. Juggling offense and defense.

     Savage_Kiddo What is your plan?

- Madison Oberlin's Perspective -

     I hear a sniper shot to my north and a bang to the Southwest. Whatever they are, they don't matter to me. I'm safe on the center island. No other tributes are here, now that Kaja is off of it.

     There's a sharp pain in my arm, making me cringe for a second. It's coming from the stab wound. Oh god. I thought I'd cured it?

     I lift the bandage and see it's slightly infected. No worries, it's only begun. I just need to clean it. There's plenty of water around the island, what's saying I couldn't just dip in and wash?

     But I'm also pretty tired from today. I need some rest. If I don't sleep right now, I may pass out from my immense exhaustion. I've barely gotten any sleep since before the games. If I wait, though, the wound could get worse.