Rupture

- Asher Albany's Perspective -

I see Kade move out of the way, revealing the speaker. It's Ike Pinto, and he's aiming his bow at Kade. Kade looks.. surprised, to say the least.

"Woah now." Kade says, tightening his grip on his Chain Sickles. "He wanted me to be gay."

"What's the problem with that?" Ike asks, and Kade rolls his eyes.

"I'm straight, little boy." Kade says.

"Okay, enough talk." Ike says. "More fight."

"I can get behind tha-" He begins. An arrow enters his left leg, fired by none other than Mackenzie. He drops to a kneel out of pain, right next to her.

My brain enters a state of rage as an arrow from Ike pierces Kade's abdomen. Adrenaline takes over, and my bleeding skull somehow fades from my worries. I suddenly feel my sword in my hand, and I jump up. .

And all of a sudden, my brain clears as I see my Katana push through Kade's chest. The sound was.. unpleasant. He looks at me in a way I never saw his eyes before: fear. His boastful, bloodlust attitude vanished and in its place is a.. normal person.

Then it all fades as he dies. Without any last words. I look over and see Ike, staring at the scene.

"Hmm." He says. "Shit."

"How old are you again?" I ask.

"Twelve." He says, gulping.

"You're a good archer, especially for being twelve." I remark.

"Thanks." He says.

- Cora Waterfall's Perspective -

I hear a third cannon. Probably Asher. Oh well, can't think about that now. Got a fight to deal with. Me and Isla were staring down Lyka, Theo, and Tender. They seemed ready to fight, and Lyka even looked eager.

"You Careers really suck." Theo says, extending his fauchard.

"Fuck you." Isla says.

     "Hey Lyka." I say, and she looks at me. "Remember Urban?"

     "Oh, the sociopath?" She says, and I'm furious. "What about him?"

     "Fight me, faggot." I say. She tilts her head. "You think you're a hero?"

     "No." She says. "You're the only ones I want dead."

     "That's how you SURVIVE, BITC-" I begin.

     "THAT'S HOW YOU LOSE YOURSELF!" She screams. "You just.. go around and kill these kids for sport! I MEAN LOOK AT YOURSELF, BITCH!"

     I begin a charge, and Lyka walks forward. "I got this." She says.

     I fire a bolt and it flies past her, evident that my rage made me lose focus. I get my bayonet ready and continue the charge. She splits her Axe and hurls one right at me. I drop into a slide, and thrust my bayonet at her. She jumps over me, blocking the blade with her second hatchet.