Chapter 1 (Edited)

Seventeen years passed since Jocelyn left her daughter at the doorstep of Mr. and Mrs. Mysternia and Jonatha's life was not what was aspired by Jocelyn.

Currently being 6:00 am she is sleeping but her sleep is short lived; Mrs. Anne Mysternia, a plump lazy woman barged the door open and started screeching,

"Wake up you ungrateful girl, we needn't take you in for free."

"Yes Mother" was the plain reply received from Jonatha.

Jonatha knew Anne and Frank were her adopted parents and her birth mother just left her on their doorstep. She didn't exactly hate her mother for leaving her but hate her for begging the Mysternia's to take her in.

Well maybe that's a lie while she resents her for leaving her with those god-awful people, she truly despises her for even abandoning her in first place. So what her biological mother did not have enough finance she would have survived. In a way atleast she would have known the love of family. God she would trade anything for a family. Even if she and her bio-mother will eventually come face to face she doesnt think she could forgive her, maybe after a few years but still... She knew she was dwelling on pointless things, it's been 17 years since bio-mum left her and she doubts she will ever meet her.

She quickly made them breakfast and packed their lunches, rather than day-dreaming. She should be glad that she didn't burn the food. Honestly she felt like maid here. Cook and clean...

It was a routine for her -
Wake up... Cook Breakfast... Pack lunch... Clean the kitchen...clean the house...Jonatha time...cook dinner... Clean the kitchen... Sleep

After the couple left for work she usually engages in a few hobbies.

Mostly she's fascinated by combat styles and so she practices several of those. She had already mastered boxing, wrestling, archery and fencing. She is currently working on her karate, darts and daggers.

Apart from various combat styles she also engages in reading books. She is literally a bookworm at heart and that too not like some teenage giggly girls who reads drama and romance. She prefers crime-thriller, mystery and fantasy; especially those with female protagonist like Divergent, The Throne of Glass series, A Court Series, Hunger Games etc.

Moreover when stressed she is partial towards music. She doesn't have a favourite genre per see but it wholeheartedly depends on her mood. On a good day she will dance and enjoy upbeats and on a bad day she will use music as a medium of exchange of her emotions. Songs which portray how sad she feels using songs like 'The Moment I Knew' 'The Last Time' by Taylor Swift, 'lovely' by Billie, 'Flicker' by Niall Horan etc. Her favourite one for slow ones is the recent song of Niall 'Put A Little Love on Me'. It truly touches her heart.

Even despite such hefty hobbies if she gets free time she watches TV Shows like The Vampire Diaries, Sherlock, Riverdale or she opts to take a walk in the nearby park.

The Mysternia's were in dillusion that she was merely reading or holed up in here room.
God forbid what would happen if they found out about her secret hobby!! Probably 12 or more whips or beating.

The Mysternia's occasionally beat her or slap her when they are in bad mood or are drunk. And whip her if she is doing something forbidden {according to them}

Her social life isn't exactly favourable, sure she had a few friends but none that she would trust her life with. As an introvert at heart, she has a trouble making friends and socializing.

She is a straight A's student in school and honestly she wishes to leave this house within 6 months, she will probably rent a house or a flat.
Many would call her a nerd but the only reason they aren't is because she has a jock-ish side to her and a very rebellious side which prevents others in making an enemy of her.

She would go to uni to study various subjects but she chose Maths, English and Accountancy as her majors. Not really sure what she wants to do in future but we'll she'll go where her life would take her.

Jonatha often felt that a part of her was missing, the urge was not very strong but not weak enough to ignore...

Every night she would pray to God that send someone rescue her from this living hell.
Someome who would love her and provide her home. A true friend, someone who can accept both the darkness and the light within her.

But unknown to her, the prayers would soon be answered.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

A/N
Please like and comment

Thoughts on this edited version?
Hope you like it

Happy Reading!!