Chapter 7

Harry frowns a bit before shrugging it off. I walk into the kitchen and grab a bowl and some cereal. I'm pouring the milk when someone walks in. Surprised, I jump and spill the milk all over the floor. I sigh and begin to mop it up. Someone starts to help me and I look up to see Harry's green eyes. I fall backwards on my ass.

"Are you alright, Paige? You avoided me in the living room and you seem...out of it," I give him a smile. "I'm fine. You didn't do anything, Harry. Just jet lag getting to my head," I say. He relaxes and gets up. "Good. Hug it out?" He opens his arms. I laugh and walk into them, our arms wrapped around each other's torsos. "You smell good," he mumbles. I laugh and pull away, looking at him. He's about to say something when Zayn walks in. "Hey guys, I-" he pauses when he sees us. "Oh, my bad, am I interrupting something?" He starts to walk out. I step out of Harry's grasp. "No! Nothing happened. What's up?"

 "We have an interview in about half an hour, and I was wondering if you wanted to come, Paige," he says. I smile widely. "Sounds like fun."

 We all step out of the car and I forget to grab on to the boys' shirts. Scared, I grab someone's hand and good onto it. I look up to see Harry. I'm about to explain, bit he just keeps hold of my hand. He must understand....right? I mean he thinks we're just friends nothing more and I doubt he would ever like me. The boys get hair and makeup done and I watch Louis squirm under the foundation. I laugh and pat his back. He cooperates.

 I watch from backstage as the boys walk out. I have to admit Harry looks quite fit in his McJagger t-shirt. The interviewer, a young blonde woman, talks with them and Louis says some funny things that make me crack up. "Now Niall, I understand your sister is here, correct?" The interviewer asks. "Yep," Niall says, smiling. “She's right backstage,"

 "She's just a year younger than you, have any of you taken a liking to Ms Horan?" Oh god. All the boys, even Niall, turn to face Harry. You can see him go beat red. "Ahh, Harry, do you fancy Maggie?" The woman asks. He clears his throat awkwardly. "Umm, err, no...we're great friends and get on really well..." he says unconvincingly. My heart hammers against my chest. Does Harry Styles like me? "That's what you said about Xtra Factor host Caroline Flack," the interviewer retorts. The audience and the boys all "ouh". Harry, a bit more serious, says "Nahh. She's a lovely girl, but we're just friends," he says confidently. "Alright. Well, that's all the time we have. Give it up for One Direction!"

 When we get back home, all the boys except Harry go upstairs. "Wow, Styles, you're quite the actor," I say smugly, sitting on the couch. He looks at me confused. "What do you mean?" He asks. "Anyone could tell you were lying out there," I reply. "I was not! He defends. "Yes you were!" I say, standing up to face him. "You were lying, Harry. I know you fancy me," I smile and his eyes get wide.

 "Do not!"

 "Do too!"

 "Do not!"

 "Do too!"

  He fumbles for a minute. "Well, Horan, why don't you admit that YOU fancy ME!" He says, inching closer to me. "No, I don't! You fancy me!" I shout back, stepping closer. "No, you fancy me!" He says, now we're inches apart. "No, you fancy m-!" He stops my words by crashing his lips to mine. I kiss him back and he pulls my closer by the waist. I run my arms up his chest and tangle my hands in his hair. My heartbeat quickens and I can feel my stomach twisting in knots. He lifts me up so my legs are wrapped around his waist. I pull back and look up at him. He looks down at me and says, "Alright. I fancy you." I smiled and replied, “I fancy you too.”