CHAPTER 17: I'm Not A Good Mother

ASTRID

I slowly began waking up from what felt like a deep slumber and wasn't sure if I was still sleeping or not because when I opened my eyes everything was still dark to where I couldn't see even my hand if I had put it up to my face or not. 

I tried to sit up and right away felt a burning sensation. 

"What the hell?" I said out loud to myself. 

I began to feel around and quickly realized that I wasn't in a room, a car or anywhere like that but a small box. Oh my god, I'm in a coffin. 

I quickly begin banging on the wood hoping that I will be able to get out, just like in that scene from Kill Bill but then quickly found out that I must have already been in here for a while since I could feel how little air I had. Oh my god, this is it. My baby and I are going to die in here. 

I try to mind-link with Liam but am not able to and try hard to remain calm and not get too worked up and panicked. Then again, how would you react if you woke up in a coffin?

I want to try and break it but I'm afraid that if I do, all this dirt will come inside and instantly kill me. Besides, this isn't a movie. 

I don't hear anything so I know that I must be buried already but just in case I'm not, I begin pounding on the coffin, hoping somebody could hear me but after a while of no response, I decided to try and think of something else. 

It was hard for me not to think about me and the baby dying this way. I feel like I'm weak and a bad mother, not to mention a bad Luna as well. How could I let that bitch do this to us?

Out of everything Liam and I have been through, I can't believe this is how it's going to end. We won't be able to watch our daughter grow up and have grand kids. Liam and I won't be able to grow old together. 

I start to close my eyes and think about Winter and how she would look at the age of five, with long wavy dark hair that flew behind her as she raced her father and beat him. Then later down the road, she finds her mate and Liam begins to cry and play the 'overprotective dad' role as he terrifies her mate into understanding just what would happen if he hurt his baby girl. Then there's always the possibility of us having another child and it's a boy. 

My thoughts right away get interrupted and I open up my eyes as I hear what sounds like rocks and dirt being moved from the outside on top of the coffin. Am I dreaming? Did I fall asleep and this is me dreaming that I'm in a coffin at all and that someone is about to open it up to let me out?

I'm so weak and tired and feel a little delusional as I feel myself slowly begin to drift away into another deep and dark slumber that I'm not sure I'll wake up from this time. 

The next thing I hear are a few voices. One of them is from Cynthia and the others are from Bullet and Liam. 

They sound muffled to me but I'm glad that the last thing I get to hear are their voices. They are my family and I will always love them. 

I hear the top of the coffin open up and my heavy eyes are harder to open but I am able to see Bullet shining a flashlight down onto me with Seline beside him looking worried while Liam starts to pick me up as he has tears falling from his eyes. 

I give a weak smile, but it's the best I could do at this moment as I have no strength. 

"Baby, stay with me alright? I need you to stay with me. We're going to get you better." He tells me as he kisses me while carrying me bridal style in his arms. 

I smile at him and look down  at my stomach. 

"I love you so much." I tell him before I fall asleep into another deep sleep......Or at least I hope. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)   I know this is a short chapter but don't worry, the next chapter will explain what happened leading up to Astrid ending up in a coffin and what happened with Lydia. ;) Love you guys and am about to post a chapter for my other stories and then remember, later tonight I will be giving you all a sneek peek at the next two stories i'll be posting after these ones are finished.