CHAPTER 3: You Must Control Your Temper

ASTRID

Last night was the best anniversary celebration that I could have ever asked for. And when we got home, everyone seemed to have known what he was up to and came up to me right as soon as we walked in to hug us and congratulate us also. 

Liam and I arrived at the council meeting and got situated in our seats and one of the members began. 

"Alpha, Luna." The man bowed. "There seems to be a problem on the North side. In the last couple of months we have had more rogues be able to somehow defeat our wolves we have guarding the perimeter. I fear that these are not regular rogues. I would like to request for your permission to allow some of my members to help secure the perimeters more." 

Liam looks at the man and then looks at me before looking back at him. 

"Unfortunately, I can not grant your request. Not after the last time your members 'helped' us. They nearly got innocent people killed." Liam explains. 

I could see the look on this man's face as Liam has denied his request yet again. This man is in his early forties, with a little grey and black hair combed back, who stands 6 feet tall and is very muscular still and is the Alpha of one of the least respected and liked packs. It's mostly because of him. This man has brought nothing but anarchy with his pack a few years ago and has still not been forgiven for their actions. 

"Forgive me Alpha but...." He began but I can't stand this man and how much he has disrespected my husband so many times. 

"I believe my husband has given you his final answer and I suggest you accept it and never ask that ever again." I tell him. 

"I wasn't talking to you!" He has the audacity to snap at me. 

Before I was able to defend myself, Liam growled louder than I've heard him in a long time as he slammed his fists on the desk top as he stood up. 

"HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT MY LUNA!! TAKE HIM OUT OF HERE!" Liam roars. 

The guards that stood in the back by the doors, came over and escorted the man out. 

"You will regret this!" He calls out before he is officially gone. 

When we got back to finishing the meeting, Liam addressed everyone. 

"Does anyone else have anything they'd like to add?" He asks furious. 

Nobody says anything as they avoid eye contact with the both of us. I stand there for a moment as I notice Liam's chest move up and down as he's trying to control his breathing and keep himself from exploding. 

I place my hand on his arm and as he looks at me, I can tell he's calming down as his face becomes less tense and his eyes are going back to normal along with him starting to smile. 

"Let's go home." I tell him under my breath. 

He nods his head and we tell everybody goodbye before heading back to our home. 

During the car ride back, Liam was quiet and the silence began making me feel awkward. 

"Why can't we just ban that guy from attending the meetings?" I asked. 

"Because of his father." 

"So? Just cause his father was one of the higher Elders and recently has died, doesn't mean we should keep his son on the council when he poses a threat to everyone." I protest. 

"What do you want me to do?" He snaps at me. 

I look at him surprised before glaring at him. 

"Really? You're going to snap at me?" I fired back at him. 

He stops the car after pulling over and turns to look at me and cups my face as he presses his lips onto mine and starts kissing me. I try to push him off but am not able to and end up giving in by kissing him back before we stop to catch our breaths. 

"I'm sorry. I love you so much and didn't mean to snap at you." He tells me. 

"Its okay. I understand that you are very protective and love me so much, not to mention you've been under a lot of stress lately. But baby, you need to be careful with your temper."

"I promise." He smiles. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)