CHAPTER 5: What's Wrong?

ASTRID

It's been a little over a month now and the wedding was coming up fast. Sure there were still a few more months to go but there was still so much to do. 

Liam gave me his list of all the people he wanted to invite the day after I reminded him about it. 

I'm very worried about him though. He hasn't let me go to see any of the training he has been doing with the new recruits, which he has always let me go to before but this time has said that the new training curriculum him and Bullet have created recently, he thought it'd be best for me to wait a little bit. 

Something was up and I knew he was having Bullet lie to me too about what was really going on. 

Since tonight we were having a barbecue and inviting all the pack members including the new recruits over to welcome them to the pack officially, I decided to hold off on bringing it up until tomorrow. I just hope it isn't bad. 

As the barbecue went on throughout the day, everyone seemed to be having a good time. Liam welcomed the new recruits to the pack and we all were having a lot of fun. 

Then I saw a girl that looked to be the same age as me, maybe a couple of years older, come walking out to the backyard and is definitely over dressed for a barbecue. She looks like she might be going to a club. 

Curious at to who she was, I began making my way towards her and stopped as soon as I saw Liam walk in front of her and say something before heading into the house with her. 

I was about to follow them when Bullet comes up and asks me to come help him with something. 

As I follow him over towards where the long table of food was at and before I had a chance to ask him what he needed help with, he turns and accidentally spills the beer in his cup on my shirt from me stopping right as I bump into this chest. 

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry Astrid." He says. 

"It's okay." I chuckle at him. "I'm gonna go change and will be right back." 

I try covering the beer stain on my light colored shirt as I made my way towards in the house. I stop immediately after I see Liam talking with a girl, who looked to be getting ready to kiss him. 

"Fucking slut!" My wolf tells me. 

I begin feeling anger start to build up as I saw her trying to lean in and kiss him. 

Maybe I should've waited to see if he'd push her away or say something but I didn't allow time for that as my wolf took over. 

I stomped my way up to them, growling and then grabbing the bitch by her hair, forcing her to face me while she winced in pain. 

"Now you listen to me you fucking slut! Nobody and I mean NOBODY touches my mate! I don't give a shit in who you are! Touch him again and I swear I will make it my personal goal to make you sorry!" I said before letting her go and pushing her towards the door. "Now leave and never come back!" 

She grins at me and starts to laugh. 

"I'm part of the pack now." She smirks at me while winking at Liam. 

"The hell you are!" I snap at her. 

"I am. And I must tell say that it's really good to see my mate again." She smiles. 

I look over at Liam as I see his face begin to tense up and balls his hands into fists while looking at her. 

Meanwhile, I can't speak. I am lost for words right now and can feel my heart begin to break. 

I didn't want to give neither one the satisfaction in seeing my tears, so I ignored them both as I made my way past Liam, moving my hand away to avoid him grabbing it to stop me and sprinted upstairs-locking the door and falling onto the bed, crying. 

His mate? How is that even possible? I began thinking to myself. Then again, the Moon Goddess has made a few mistakes before, I heard. But why would she do this to me, to Liam and our relationship? I thought this kind of bullshit was all over and we could finally move on. Guess I was wrong. 

I had almost forgotten that I had beer spilled on my top. So I begin removing my shirt and pants, now being in just my panties and matching purple laced bra. 

I hear the door being unlocked and jump as soon as it bursts open and I see Liam storming into the room, slamming the door behind him and stops to catch his breath while looking me up and down with lust in his eyes, suddenly making me want to cover myself for some reason. 

"Get out!" I yell at him. 

"No. Not until you hear me explain." He began. 

"Fuck you and your explanations. I see now why you didn't really have me go watch the training. It was because YOUR fucking mate was there. Although I'm still unsure as to how that's even possible because I am not into you being married to more than one person." I exclaim while crossing my arms and scowling at him. 

He continues to stand there a little bit more without saying anything but looking at me with a blank look on his face. Then he smiles. 

"Baby, you're so damn cute and sexy the way you get jealous."

"Shut up! No I'm not!" I tell him. 

"Yes you are." He replied. 

"So are you gonna explain to me what the hell that was downstairs and who that bitch was?" I yelled at him. 

He then sighs with a guilty look on his face before he begins. 

"Lydia was my first mate when I was fifteen. But she fucked things up and after I begged the Moon Goddess to allow me to break our bond. She did and Lydia left and didn't come back until a few weeks ago." 

"Wait, she's been here since before the training?" I asked in hopes that I was wrong....but I wasn't. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)