CHAPTER 16: I'm Sorry Astrid

LIAM

"Where the hell are the guys at?!" I asked Bullet, frustrated that I haven't heard from any of them on Astrid's whereabouts. 

"They'll be here in a minute. Don't worry Alpha." Bullet says to try and calm me down. 

"I just can't take it. Who knows what that bitch, Lydia and Gunner are doing to her." I tell him. 

"Don't worry, Astrid is strong." He tries and comfort me but is no use. 

"Alpha!" We suddenly hear a few of our guys come running inside the house, out of breath. 

"Have you found her?" I asked them. 

"Yes. But it's weird. Lydia took her to the Moon Goddess' house." One of the guys said. 

"What? Are you sure?" I asked them. 

"Yes." We picked up her scent. It took us awhile but then we finally tracked her down." 

"Alright then. Go and get the guys, we're going to get her." I order them. 

They start scurrying out the door as I turn and head upstairs to get dressed and ready as does Bullet. 

Then we head downstairs and not ten minutes after I had the guys call the others, they were all waiting outside for us already and in their wolf forms. I don't need to say anything because everyone already knows what's going on. So I just nod to let them know I appreciate them all going with me to get her back. 

I then quickly shift into my wolf form and we all begin heading towards the Moon Goddess' house. 

It took us a good couple of hours before we reached her place and I could smell Astrid's scent. Which right away made my wolf feel calm and happy. 

Then I saw through one of the windows downstairs, Gunner walking around and all the happiness disappeared. I started to growl. 

"Easy Alpha." Bullet mind-links me.

"I know he has hurt her." I tell him. 

"I know, but let me take care of him. You go and get Astrid." He tells me. 

He's right. I need to focus on getting Astrid back. So I tell the pack to spread out and kill anyone that get's in their way while trying to make it inside. 

Bullet followed right behind me as we cautiously began approaching the front door to the place which oddly enough didn't have any guards outside, however, the door was slightly already opened a crack. So Bullet and I slowly begin to open it up and step inside. 

I can now smell Astrid's scent even more now which means she's close. 

"Go." Bullet says. 

"Be careful." I tell him. 

"You too." He says. 

I start making my way down a long hallway, following Astrid's scent until I stop in front of a deep red door that seems to be a little opened as well. 

Once I step inside the room, I stop when I see a lifeless body down in the middle of the floor. Oh my god, she really did kill the Moon Goddess. 

I hear the door slam shut behind me and look to see it's Lydia, leaning back against the door, smirking at me. 

"Where is she?" I mind-linked her.

Then our of nowhere, I suddenly feel a shark shocking feeling in my side that causes me to collapse onto the floor and not be able to move. 

"Not so strong now, are you Alpha?" I hear Lydia chuckle as she comes walking up towards me while carrying a taser gun in her hand. 

Then I feel coldness hit my now bare naked skin as I have shifted back into my human form from the amount of electricity that went throughout my body. 

"What are you doing?" I ask her. 

"I'm doing what I was always meant to do. Ever since I became the new Moon Goddess, I thought it would be great if I reversed what the last one did and make our fate the way it was always meant to be like." 

"Like I told you before, I will never be with you." I cough out. 

She presses the button on the taser gun again, causing me to jolt and shake vigorously from the intensity of the electricity I'm feeling coursing through my body right now. 

"I thought you might still say that." She smirks. "Which is why I already had a Plan B ready." She began. 

I see her walk over towards a dark corner in the room and start dragging out a beaten up Astrid and pushing her onto the floor a few feet away from me. 

"Astrid?" I winced in pain while asking. 

She wasn't moving. 

"Don't worry, she's okay for now, I've only been trying to negotiate with her but my god, this bitch is relentless." She says irritated. 

"I swear. I will. Kill you." I tell her between coughs. 

"Aww Sweetie, trust me, you will never get the chance to and you WILL love me again." 

"I never loved you." I spit back at her. 

She glares at me and presses on the gun again, causing more electricity to go through my body even longer. To be honest, I'm not sure how much longer I can take this. I'm not even sure if my wolf is okay right now. I look at Astrid and begin tearing up. 

"I love you Astrid. I'm so sorry." I quietly tell her before I feel myself quickly slip into darkness. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! ;) 

I hope they'll be okay. But it may be too late. :(