CHAPTER 14: Protect My Mate

LIAM

I woke up and thought I would surprise Astrid with making her breakfast and serving it in her bed. So I quietly got up and headed downstairs but was suddenly struck with a sharp object on my left side. 

When I turned to look and see who did it, I saw Lydia standing there, grinning at me while holding a bloody switchblade knife.

"What the fuck?" I say while looking at my now bloodied hand and quickly putting it back onto my wound to try and stop the bleeding. 

Normally, wolves will heal fast but, this wound was really deep. So I stumble towards the chair by the kitchen counter and sit down. 

"Aww. Poor baby. That looks like it might not heal as fast and you're bleeding so much." She says while pretending to care. 

"I swear..You're going. To pay." I warn her through breaths as I feel my body start to sweat. 

Then I hear Astrid and the next thing I know, Lydia had one of her guys take Astrid out and push her inside a car. But when I see the asshole punch her, I try to run after her and then feel the wound on my side open a little more, causing me to scream in pain and try to crawl out the door towards her. 

"You are so pathetic. Your precious little mate will be taught a lesson very soon and once I become the new Moon Goddess, you will have no choice but to forget all about Astrid and your unborn child. You and I will have a family of our own." Lydia smiles as she kneels down in front of me. 

"Fuck you! I will never love you or be with you." I spit out. 

"We'll see about that." She smirks. Then she kicks my wound with the pointy tip of her high heel shoe before leaving. 

Then the last thing I remember is watching Lydia get into the car and it speeding off shortly after, before passing out. 

When I woke up, I saw Bullet standing beside the bed, looking at me more worried that I think I have ever seen him before. 

"Hey man." He says. 

"Hey." I reply as I slowly try and sit up in bed. 

"You scared the shit out of me." He tells me. 

"I scared the hell out of myself." I chuckle a little bit. "Lydia took Astrid." 

"I know. We have several of our guys trying to find them. But for right now you need to focus on getting better." He tells me. 

"I know." I nod in agreement while reaching for some pain medicines the doctor has left me and wash it down with some water. 

"I know this probably isn't the best time to ask but, who else was with Lydia?" 

"I didn't recognize them. There was a dark grey wolf standing next to her, growling at me and then this other guy punched her and forced her into a car." I begin. 

"Do you remember the color eyes the wolf had?" 

I start trying to remember if I paid any attention to the eyes. Then I quickly begin to remember. 

"Yeah, they were a dark red with a black dot on the side of it's right eye." 

Bullet nods his head and I notice his jaw beginning to clench as well as his hands forming into fists on his sides.

"Gunner." I hear him say under his breath. 

"Who's that?" I asked him. 

"He's my cousin. I haven't seen him in years and last I heard he had joined a bunch of rogues. Liam, Astrid is more danger than you know." He says. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked him feeling more concerned. 

"My cousin, he's dangerous. He's not just physically strong but he's also very smart and whenever someone calls for his help, nothing ends well. He lives off of torturing people and feeds off their fears. No matter if they're a woman or even carrying a child. He's ruthless and will stop at nothing until his job is done." 

I out of nowhere start feeling sick to my stomach. Out of all these years that I have known him, never once had he ever mentioned his cousin, Gunner, to me. 

"I don't care if I'm fully healed or not, by the time you find out their location. I need for you to tell me and I am going to go with you to get her." I tell him. 

"But Alpha...." He starts but I quickly interrupt him. 

"No objection. Just please promise me that you will tell me." I beg him towards the end. 

"Alright." He agrees. 

"Good." I tell him. "Go get the guys, I need for you to bring them to the office and we're going to go over our plan of attack for once they find her." 

"Yes, Alpha." He says while bowing his head a little bit and then right as he begins to head out of the room, I stop him real quick. 

"Oh and Bullet?" I start to tell him. 

"Yeah?" He turns and looks at me. 

"Congratulations on you and Seline being each other's mates. You guys make a cute couple." I smile at him. 

"Thanks." He smiles back and then leaves. 

Please god protect my mate from feeling any pain. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)