CHAPTER 12: 'Special' Delivery

LIAM

The next week went by fast and things were getting worse with Lydia and the wolves she was having try and come onto our territory.

I couldn't focus on a lot of things that I needed to focus on and ever since I promised Astrid that I would tell her everything as it came, I have been feeling even worse. She really doesn't need any added on stress right now and I know that she wants to get married and we have to prepare for a baby right now, but I feel that we should hold off on the getting married thing and wait until after our daughter comes and all of this mess with Lydia is over. However, I know I can't suggest that since the wedding is something she has dreamed about since she was a little girl. 

While I was in my office today, signing a few documents to a few treaties with some new packs, I saw my door open up and in walked my beautiful Luna. 

"Hey baby." I greeted her as always with a smile and a kiss. 

"Hey." She replies but with only a smirk and not her usual big smile. 

"What's wrong? Are you and the baby alright?" I asked worried. 

"The baby's fine. But I need to talk with you about something." She says. 

"Okay, what is it?" I ask as we make our way over towards the sofa. 

"I've been thinking, as much as it sucks to even say this, maybe we should postpone the wedding for a later time after the baby comes and after this whole Lydia thing is over with." She tells me and I can't help but feel a huge sense of relief. 

"Oh Astrid, I was hoping you'd say that. I've been so worried thinking about how much stress you're going through right now and I know that most of it is because of me. But, I just want you and our daughter to be safe and to have you not have a lot of stress right now." I smile at her while taking her hand in mine. 

"Really? I thought you'd be upset." She smiles. 

"Of course not. Baby, I want to marry you, but again, I don't want you to be stressed and I will do whatever you decide." I assure her with a smile. 

She smiles in her usual big smile again and I give her a kiss. Though a minute later, the door opens and this time, it's Bullet and Seline. 

"Alpha! Luna!" They quickly bow at us. 

"Lydia has sent us something that you both need to look at." Seline says worried. 

Both Astrid and I got up and followed after Seline and Bullet. We walked into the living room and stopped when we saw a small packaging box opened up already on the coffee table. 

Astrid and I look at each other for a moment and begin walking over but Astrid is stopped by Seline.

"Wait, have Liam see it first." She suggests and Astrid looks at me and then nods her head in agreement. 

I begin walking over cautiously and everyone that's in the house was watching me with sadness on their faces and shock. 

I began to get more worried as I got closer to the box and then once I was there, I looked down inside the box and saw the most horrific sight I have ever seen in my life and immediately had to keep myself from throwing up. 

"What is it?!" I hear Astrid behind me yell out. 

"Keep her back!" I tell them. 

"No. I want to see!" Astrid demanded and I could hear Seline and Bullet try and hold her back but they weren't able to as I couldn't turn my head away from what I was seeing. Suddenly, Astrid was standing right beside me. 

That's when I turned quickly finally breaking my eyes away from the sight and trying to hold her back, but she struggled and was able to break free from my grasp. The next thing I heard was her screaming. 

"OH MY GOD!" She screamed. 

I right away tried holding her again and she quickly buried her face into my chest and began to cry hard. 

"Shhhhh.....It's okay." I try and calm her down but it's no use. 

"She is so sick!" I heard her cry into my chest. 

"It's gonna be okay. I promise I'll take care of everything." I assure her while I began to feel the anger and rage start to build up inside of me. 

We both felt the baby kick really hard again. Our unborn child already knows who it's from and doesn't clearly like her neither. 

"What do we do now?" Astrid began to cry out to me. 

"I'll get rid of it. Just go upstairs and take a nice long bubble bath and I'll be up there in just a minute." I tell her as I place a gentle kiss on her forehead. 

Seline comes over and takes Astrid upstairs to calm her down while Bullet walks up beside me. 

"What are we gonna do now Alpha?" He asks me while he too now is looking at the rotted corpse of a small child. 

"I wan't you to get the Pack together tonight. We're gonna have a meeting." I tell him through gritted teeth. But first, I have him dispose of the box as I try and calm myself down before heading upstairs to comfort my Luna. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)