The Secret

Author's Note: I'm back with another chapter, and this one is pretty important! Other people start learning about Severus and Evelyn's relationship! Speaking of our favorite couple, I was thinking of giving them a ship name. My only idea so far is Sevevelyn, but does anyone else have a better idea? Comment down below! Also don't forget to check out my new short story "Infatuation" about Hermione and Lucius. I hope you check it out! But always remember to leave kudos, comment, and bookmark this story. It means so much to me and fills my weeks with joy!

------------------------------------------

 The first time I had slept with Severus was a rush of emotions. I didn't really know what happened, or what the consequences were, or even why I'd done it. This time though, when my eyes fluttered open to reveal an all to familiar ceiling, I only felt one thing. Confused, I was very confused.

Only a few weeks ago I was crying with him in Dumbledore's office, listening to Severus confess his problems. In that room he made me a promise that we could try to be a real couple, but I don't think random sex was what he meant. But, when it comes down to it, I don't know what he meant. So I just left, hoping to avoid awkward conversation when he woke up.

———————————————————

I liked to think my day got better, that it only improved. But sadly I was wrong. The second I got into the Great Hall I was bombarded by an onslaught of whispers and giggles. At first I thought it was because I was doing the dreaded walk of shame, and I immediately tried to pat down my probably messy hair. But as I got closer to my usual spot next to Cedric I realized that I was wrong.

There was no empty seat to his left, nor to his right. Instead there was a sea of blue, Cho's Ravenclaw friends, surrounding the couple I usually sat next to. I could feel the rage coming on, but I tried to control myself. For all I knew they were only intending to sit there for a minute before moving. But I couldn't shake off the feeling that there was something else going on, something that wasn't so innocent.

So when I walked up to the group I was already taking deep breaths. "Hey Cedric." I said shakily with a tap on the Hufflepuff's shoulder.

"Evelyn." He replied as almost if he was surprised, but once he got over the initial shock of my presence he began to look around. As if he was trying to see where I was going sit. Though he never got a chance to tell me his answer.

"Owen." A Ravenclaw girl sitting off to his right stood up and said. I believe her name was Marietta Edgecombe, but them again I had never met her before so I wasn't sure.

"Hello." I said with a friendly tone to my voice. "Marietta, right?"

She rolled her eyes, which caused me to raise my eyebrows in response. "Don't try to be nice to me slut. We all know you have been going behind my girl, Cho's, back to sleep with Cedric. After all, Rita told us all about how Cedric is actually the father of your children. And even if that unfortunate event happened before Cedric and Cho got together, it still leads all of us to believe that you too have been cozy after. I mean, your practically on the walk of shame right now."

I gaped at the girl's words, shocked at her nerve. "Excuse me." I stuttered out.

She just smirked before taking her half eaten yogurt and turning it upside down on top of my head, spilling the gooey liquid all over me. My hands immediately went to wipe the dripping substance out my eyes, but it didn't help. It still continued it's slow descent down my face. I could hear Cedric and Cho's shouts of disapproval at the girl's action and the crowd's laughter, but in that moment it didn't matter. I could only feel the wave of utter shame and humiliation cash upon me. It came with a fresh set of tears that prickled at the back of my eyes.

I couldn't stand to even be in front of everyone anymore, and I bolted from the Great Hall. Finally letting the tears come out.

———————————————————

"Wait! Evelyn! I didn't mean for her her to do that!" Cedric said urgently as we met up with each other in a nearby corridor.

"It's not just that Cedric." I said in-between sobs. "It's just, that's how I got treated before I met you. Dirt, it was always like I was dirt. But since I've been your friend you I thought I had moved on, and no one would ever talk to me like that again. But...but here we are." By the time I said my last sentence Cedric had pulled my head towards his chest.

"You know," he said after a minute, "we need to stop getting ourselves in situations where one of us either ends up crying or mad."

I giggled at his words as he let out a couple of chuckles, all while squeezing me closer. "Tell me what happens at the Tournament Champion's meeting today, okay." I asked as he just nodded, kissing my forehead.

"Of course." He whispered softly.

——————————————————

"Hermione." I said in polite greeting to the girl washing her hands beside me. Both of us having just come from the bathroom stales.

"Hey Evelyn!" She replied with a sweet smile as she turned off the faucet, proceeding to start drying her hands.

I smiled in return as we went back to acting in silence, that is until she began to ask me a question. "Can I ask you something Evelyn?"

"Sure, what is it?" I replied with curiosity in my voice.

"What...what happened this morning at breakfast? You know, with the yogurt?" She asked hesitantly, and I sighed. How could I have not known that would be the question?

"Umm..." I began as tears came to eyes. "They...they just thought I was causing Cedric to cheat on Cho, and since Cho is their friend they are really mad."

"That's terrible!" Hermione exclaimed before seeing the single tear run down my face. "Oh my gosh, Evelyn. Come here!" She said softly as she pulled me into a hug.

"I am so sorry Hermione." I said as tears began to fall down my face at a more rapid pace, but I tried to wipe them all off. "It's just been really hard for me lately. And... and you've just always been so kind to me."

"Well I always try. And you've always been so kind to me. I'm the one who should be grateful." She said was we pulled apart from the hug.

"You just don't understand Hermione, it's been really hard being me lately. I mean, with the twins and with Rita's speculation of Cedric. It's just not fair!" I practically screamed, and Hermione just nodded. "I mean, Cedric isn't the Dad. He really isn't, tell me you believe me. Please tell me." I begged as I sat on the floor. Hermione sat down beside me and put her hand on the upper of back as I rocked slowly.

"I believe you." She whispered.

"No you don't." I muttered under my breath. "Because it's not Cedric, it's really not. The father of my children is P...Professor Snape, Severus."

The second I said it I hoped I didn't, and looked up to see if she had heard what came out of my mouth. But it was too late, she'd heard everything. And if her shocked expression told me anything, it was that she would have some questions.

And I didn't know how to answer them.