The Confrontation

I don't know how long Severus and hugged in the Dumbledore's office, we must've still been feeling sentimental after our moment. Though after a couple minutes we were interrupted by the Headmaster clearing his throat.

We both blushed and immediately pulled away, standing side by side with our heads bowed in front of Dumbledore. I could hear him chuckling at our reactions, as we didn't dare look him in the eye.

"Are we done here, I believe it is well past dinner by now?" Severus asked, sounding more confident then I knew he actually felt.

I could hear the Headmaster's footsteps as he got up from his chair and walked around to the front of his desk. Now standing a couple feet in front of Severus and I. "Actually, there is one last thing I want to discuss with you Miss Owen."

I looked up at the man in shock, curious what else he wanted to talk about. "Headmaster?" I asked.

"Even though I know you won't be due while you are attending Hogwarts, and for most of your medical needs you can visit Poppy. But nonetheless, if there is anything else you need please feel free to come visit me. Maternity robes, easy transportation, even a problem with Severus, my door is always open." He said with a kind smile.

"Thank you sir." I responded, beaming.

"Please," he said with a knowing look in his eyes, "call me Albus."

I nodded as Severus interrupted our conversation, "I think it's time for us to go Albus, don't you think?"

I looked up at the Potions Professor, admiration in my eye. "Of course Severus." The Headmaster replied, a knowing smirk on his face. Severus gestured to the door and I nodded, both of us starting to walk that way. "Oh, and you two." Dumbledore called, causing us both to spin around. "Make sure you are discrete." We both nodded one last time as I let out a giggle, continuing our walk down the stairs.

—————————————————-

"Where you serious when you told me that you don't blame me for ruining your life?" Severus asked me as we descended the steps of the Headmaster's office.

I let out a small laugh, reaching for his hand. "Of course I was silly! Out of all of the people that have wronged me in my life, you are not one."

He smiled and gripped my hand, "Good." He said, pausing before saying anything else. "You know, I have a habit of beating myself up about things I didn't really do."

"I know, but that is one of the many quirks of your personality." I replied with a hopeful smile.

"That's putting it nicely." He said with a scoff.

"Of course, everyone needs their flaws put in a positive light."

There was a long pause before Severus turned to me with a thoughtful look on his face, words finally coming out of his mouth. "You know, you are going to make a wonderful Mother."

A big smile came to my face, "Thank you." I whispered, squeezing his hand. "That means a lot coming from you, and even if it is quite the compliment I have to disagree. I mean, if I can't take care of my brother how can I take care of my children."

"Your brother?" Severus questioned with a concerned look on his face.

"My brother, Levi." I confirmed before continuing to speak. "He is seven years younger than me and going into his first year of Hogwarts next year. He is my world, but he is also the reason I worry so much. You see, he still lives with my Father and even though I always try to take the blunt of all of the pain in my household he still gets hurt. In my mind I always just thought everything would get better when he goes to school next year and I would be old enough legally adopt him, but he sent me a letter this morning that really worried me. He said that if he tried to escape for school like I have always done he will get killed. Apparently my Father is cracking down on us sneaking out." I finished by looking at my feet, not daring to glance at the man beside me.