The Morning After

I knew something was off the second my eyes flew open that morning. The room, the bed, my pajamas, and my bed partner were all differen-

"Shit!" I cursed softly as I sat up. "Shit! Shit! Shit!"

You see, I was currently naked in my teachers bed after a night of amazing sex, that I was just starting to remember. Man, I was in deep this time. "Shit." I whispered one more time for good measure.

I looked around frantically, trying to not focus on the fact that Severus was laying naked, asleep, beside me. I didn't need that distraction, I just needed to try to figure out how I was going to get out of here without waking him.

I pulled back the bedding very slowly, careful not to disturb him, and tip toed out of the bed. I tried to find my clothes and shoes as quickly as possible while being as quiet as possible, which wasn't really working. It seems that my clothes are littered not only on the floor of Severus' chambers but the Potions classroom as well. It appears we had a wild night.

I gave up on finding everything about ten minutes in, I just needed to leave before he woke up.

——————————————————————————

I didn't really have time to change before breakfast, and I knew I looked terrible. I was just hoping no one would noticed.

"You look as though you have been thoroughly shagged Evelyn." Cedric with a chuckle as soon as I sat down at the Hufflepuff table for breakfast.

"Thanks for pointing it out, I was actually hoping no one would notice." I said, annoyance laced through my voice.

Cedric laughed some more before saying, "Well, Evelyn, who is the lucky bloke?" When I shot him another annoyed look and he finished with, "Don't expect me not to ask."

I fully turned to him this time to retort, "To be honest Cedric, I don't truly know."

Cedric's face grew red at the comment, and I could tell he suddenly felt awkward. "To change the subject," he said while pausing for a moment, trying to fish something out of his bag, "do you want a pro Cedric badge?" He held up a yellow and black badge.

I sighed and took the badge with curiosity. "Support CEDRIC DIGGORY – The REAL Hogwarts Champion! POTTER STINKS!" I read out loud. I looked up from the badge at Cedric, "You really expect me to wear this?" I asked, still quite annoyed.

Cedric, who has now turned back to his food, asked nonchalantly "Why should I not?"

"Why? Because I can't wear anti-Potter stuff, that's why."

Once again Cedric nonchalantly asked "Why can't you wear anti-Potter stuff?"

"I'm a Gryffindor, that's why. What kind of message does that give, a member of his own house not supporting him?"

Cedric put down his food down and turned towards me, "Look," He said, grabbing my hands, still holding the badge, in his, "I know you want me to win, so just wear the badge for a little while. If you end up feeling bad or weird, take it off. It doesn't matter."

I sighed and looked at him. "Fine." I said, a small smile breaking my lips.

"Good." Cedric said, turning back to his breakfast. "Now eat Evelyn, we don't have all day."

I laughed and started putting food on my plate, but not before putting the badge on my robes.

———————————————————

Later that afternoon I was sitting with Cedric and the other 7th year Hufflepuffs outside. We were laughing and joking around, talking about the Tournament and classes, when we heard a fight break out.