The News

"Are you sure I can come in there Cedric?" I asked hesitantly from the entrance of the Hufflepuff common room.

Cedric laughed, already tugging at my hand as he said, "Of course! I can let you in, and besides I want you to party with me!" I smiled and let him pull me in, ready to have a good night.

I'm sure the Hufflepuff common room is usually quite nice, but it was hard to tell with cups and confetti littering the floor and people singing and dancing all over the place. It seems that even though Cedric got third place in the competition the rest of his house could care less. They went all out to celebrate him retrieving the egg that he was currently holding as he morphed into the crowd with his other friends. I was left standing awkwardly by the entrance.

I honestly couldn't blame him though, I wouldn't want to party with me either. For some reason, after the events of the morning, I was in a depressing mood. It almost still seemed as though I was still nervous for Cedric, even though he was safe.

I soon was distracted by a very drunk Hufflepuff fifth year who seemed to think I was into him. After a couple of minutes I was able to walk away over to the refreshment table where I lightly snacked on the poor selection of food. I couldn't help but wonder where was Cedric to protect me.

—————————————————

I stood by the table for about a hour, watching the party unfold in front of me. I felt more out of place and bored by the minute. I eventually decided to brave the crowd to look for Cedric, I really just wanted him to know I was leaving.

I found him in the center of the room, very drunk and laughing quite loudly. It seems he wasn't alone either, all of the other seventh year Hufflepuffs were in the same drunken state. I sighed in annoyance as I tapped Cedric on the shoulder, causing him to spin around and face me.

"Evelyn!" Cedric said in an overly excited tone, putting his hand on my shoulder to stabilize himself.

"I'm leaving." I said flat out, not wanting to put up with him right now.

He paused for a moment, as if trying to remember what to say, it was a minute before he finally spoke. "Wait and let me open the egg, okay?" He grabbed the egg from a kid who was trying to balance it on his head. I tapped my foot impatiently as Cedric began to open it.

None of us were expecting the loud scream to come out of it. I, like everyone, covered my ears, trying to cancel out the blaring sound. I was though able to use the sound as my opportunity to leave the common room, no longer caring if Cedric realized or not.

—————————————————————-

When I got in front of my own common room I practically screamed, I forgot that my house would be celebrating a different Hogwarts Champion tonight. I sighed and said the password, entering to a scene very similar to the one I just left. The Gryffindor common room had the same stench of alcohol and the obnoxious amount of people.

At this point though I no longer cared about drunk people's feelings, and I had no regrets pushing past them to get to the entrance of my dormitory. There was one sight though that I stopped me in my tracks. The sight of Harry and his friends, huddled in a corner, casually talking.

I made my way over to them and tapped Harry on the shoulder, causing him to spin around. "Evelyn!" He said, surprised.

"Hey," I responded, "I just wanted to tell you congratulations for getting first place."

"Thanks." Harry said, a smile coming on his face. "How is Cedric?" He asked after a couple seconds.

"He's good, a little drunk, but good." I said with a laugh.

"I'm glad to hear it." Harry said, smiling and turning back around. Leaving me to go to my dormitory.

————————————

I sighed in frustration as I held up my very dry underwear. Nothing, no blood, and no period for over a month. I knew something was wrong, but then I knew something wasn't quite right after my night with Severus a month ago. It wasn't until that moment that things started making sense, and I feared the worst.

I lay in my bed, I knew that the next day would change the rest of my life, I knew that I would never be the same.

————————————————

The first thing I did the next morning was walk to the hospital wing, my stomach filling with dread all the way there.

"What are you doing here so early Miss Owen?" Madame Pomfrey asked, a sweet smile on her face. I looked down at my feet, not even daring to look at her.

I mumbled, "I need a pregnancy test spell."

I looked up to see her frown for a moment before saying, "What dear? Can you repeat that."

Tears came to my eyes as I said it again, a little louder this time, "I need a pregnancy test spell."

Her face shown with realization as she grabbed my hand and lead me to one of the beds, signaling for me to lay down. I did, and she quickly rushed off, grabbing her wand.

She came back, pity all over her face as she said, "The spell shouldn't hurt, and it will only take a second. It should tell me if and how many babies you are carrying, but it's too early to tell the gender. Okay?"

I nodded and closed my eyes, waiting for the words that will change my entire life.

Sure enough, after a couple of minutes she finally spoke. "I guess congratulations are in order, you're having twins."