The Pakistani Pathans<3<3

Fatima entered the waiting room. She greeted Mrs.Khan and the 'guy'. She felt her heartbeat accelerate. They were looking down on her, treating her like a test subject. Nonetheless she wanted to go to the daycare. She felt that she needed innocent faces and hearts around her.

She felt exhausted. Ever since she had been kidnapped her heart had become a fastidious mess. It refused to warm up to people despite her best attempts. Children were different, her heart reacted well around them. It began to thump a little faster at first .

But in a matter of minutes it would resume its regular rhythm. Making her chest rise and fall with ease. Colour rose to her cheeks but from positive feelings ,that's what children's untainted hearts did to her.

"Sister let's go we are getting late."

A deep voice brought Fatima out of her private world. She nodded and followed the unreasonably tall 'guy' and Mrs.Khan out of the hospital. They guided her towards a black, exquisite; 'BMW M5' and he opened the door first for Mrs.Khan and then for her to get into the car.

Huh a gentleman! Fatima almost smiled. She used to like courteous people a lot. But not anymore she felt her heart accelerate yet again. It was announcing its irritation and apathy towards all humans. We no longer trust anyone Fatima, it coaxed Fatima back into her shell of hatred.

She wrinkled her delicate nose and lowered her head towards the left. Reaching for her purse, she took out her tablet. She had downloaded a few game ideas for the kids. She went through the origami heart-box instructions again.

"Alright, Pink for the little girls and blue for the little guys or whatever they'd like."

Without knowing she had talked out loud.

"Pardon me sister did you say something,please?"

The giant guy asked. She bit the inside of her left cheek while thinking of a reply.

" D-do you guys have coloured pages for the children at the daycare.?"

She blurted out, stuttering a little. Her heart reacted furiously by pumping a gallon of blood in harsh tides against the walls of her chest. She tried to force it to calm down but it had never been obedient since that day and so did as it wished. Colour rose to her cheeks and her hands shook slightly.

Her heart smirked at her ,satisfied with the results. It had punished her for trusting a complete stranger with the truth. It wanted her to envelope or cocoon herself by surrounding herself with mystery. It wanted her to lie, to keep everyone at bay. To use enigma to cover herself.

Her stupid heart was being unreasonable ! This wasn't anything important enough to lie for!

"Sister are you OK?"

The guy committed yet another mistake by using a sincere tone. Fatima gasped for air. The car screeched to a stop and she felt the nurse come beside her. She felt her soft hand caressing her back. Her soothing words helped Fatima regain control over her impatient heart.

What the hell??! At this rate they will send me back. Determined to chain her unruly heart Fatima sat up straight and moved her neck to face Mrs.Khan.

"I am fine now Jazakallah! Let's not delay any further."

The nurse nodded her head and went back to sit beside the 'guy'. Once more the wheels of the 'BMW M5' spun into action. They stopped only when Fatima had caught sight of the big building. It had a huge board that read " The Rising Sun Daycare and orphanage" all in black. The black contrasted well with the cream walls of the inviting building.

This time the guy didn't open the door for her. Three other guys had run towards the car and all three doors were opened simultaneously. 'The guy' handed his briefcase to one of the new guys. Isn't he an internee here? Fatima wondered. Why is he being treated like a VIP?