Chapter 39.

Sarah Montague? I feel like this universe put this bitch on Earth just to destroy me. Why was I not surprised that she was involved in this too? First, she ruins my life at the kingdom, then she breaks Aiden’s heart and now this shit with Rani? She was impossible. I was starting to believe strongly that perhaps Sarah got happiness out of demolishing people’s lives. What a sad life she led. Even thinking about her made my blood boil.

Rani pulled her hair back before continuing with her story. “I don’t even know why I’m telling you all this now, because it’s been over two years already but I guess it’s good to get it out of my system finally. I had come back home from England to realise that the whole family had planned on going to Italy for holiday. I didn’t want to go, obviously. I mean the only reason I came back was to spend time in America, not to shit off to another freaking country again. Anyways, Aiden wasn’t going on the vacation so I decided to stay with him in Texas. I was supposed to be with him for the whole summer holiday you know. I had so many things planned and I actually felt that I could have the best time ever with Aid. He’s so laid back, I love spending time with him.”

I smiled at the thought of Aiden spending time with Rani. I didn’t need anybody telling me, I knew Aiden was and still is a fantastic brother. Just the thought of him being with our children made me skin tingle.

“So, a week goes and I’m having a fuc- I mean fudging..” Rani quickly corrected herself before throwing Nessa and Layla an apologetic look for almost cursing around the youngsters. I chuckled. God, having kids must be a pain in the back side. Despite the constant crying, the breast feeding, waking up in the middle of the night, wiping smelly backsides…I was actually looking forward to having my own children one day. Obviously, I was still young now, but hopefully one day. One day with Aiden. I liked the sound of that.

“But then her royal highness decided to greet us with her orange Dorito face.” We all laughed at Rani’s accurate description of Sarah. “Slowly, she started taking over everything. If I said, I wanted to go to the movies, she would want to go to a restaurant: if I wanted to have pasta for dinner, she would deliberately change the menu to salad. Who the hell even lasts a whole day on grass? She would never eat anything else except for stupid lettuce and cucumber. Even with all this crap, I was still willing to let it slide by because I was there to be with Aiden not Mrs Slutty face. Then, one day, Aiden was invited to this dinner at a fancy hall with so many celebrities. Of course, she tagged along. When we got to the place, she took Aiden away and I was alone. I was fourteen, I didn’t fucking know what to do! I had never even been to a party before let alone a fucking ball with actual celebrities. So, I left the place and went back to Aiden’s.  Then all the shit started happening. Aiden calling the police to report me missing, only to find me back at his home. I had never seen my brother so angry before. Aiden always had a soft spot for me, I was his weakness, I knew that. But I guess when he couldn’t find me at the party, he lost himself. He said so much shit to me that day and didn’t speak to me for the remainder of the two days I was there. I couldn’t be there anymore. So, I got on a flight back to England and spent the rest of my Summer there. I refused to see anybody. Even mum and dad, I was so disappointed that my own brother could say so much crap about me.”

Tears rolled down Rani’s cheeks as she finished speaking. My heart broke seeing her like this. How could Sarah be this cruel? She was fourteen for God’s sake? Who abandons a fourteen year old in an unknown place! Despite this, there was still one question running through my mind. And I guess it was also running through Nessa’s brain as she spoke out loud.

“But baby, did you tell Aiden why you left the place?” she whispered, gently pulling Rani to her side and giving her one armed hug.

A humourless chuckle escaped Rani’s lips. “No.”