Chapter 9

AN: umm, someone kindly pointed out to me that elope means running off and getting married(: sorry, I always thought it was simply running off:L So, if I caused any confusion, Laurette and Rosie ran off NOT eloped)

Chapter 9

As the rain pattered outside slamming against the glass window, I sighed. Banging my head on every rhythm of the rain I could hear was very frustrating because by now, I was giving myself a very painful headache.

“Will you stop that!” snapped an annoyed voice from the other side of the room. I didn't even have to look towards his direction to know that the snooty voice belonged to him. Who else could it belong to? I cannot believe that even for a simple hour I though that voice was heavenly. Well, this teaches you that first impressions aren't always right.

I glared at Aiden. “What? You mean I can't do this?” With that I began bashing my head louder against the hard window. One day, my stubborn attitude was going to be the death of me.

“I swear you've become even more annoying since I last saw you, which was like- THREE hours ago!”

“Whatever,” I muttered unable to fight back with the brat again. Swiftly removing my eyes from his sight, I began to take in the wonderful weather of Texas. It was deeply ironic how only few hours ago, it felt like the sun's heat would roast us all: when in fact now, it was rainy and...wet. I didn't mind at all. Somehow, I loved the rain. The soothing noises of the rhythmic rain drops was amazingly calming. Sometimes, I wished my life was like a fresh droplet of rain: cool and refreshing.

“Lau, you need to eat something baby,” Jason said.

“Not hungry,” I murmured back not glancing away from the magical view ahead of me. Gently, I placed my arms on the window sill and perched my chin on top of them. Closing my eyes, I pictured mum's beautiful face playing in my mind. She was a stunning queen, everybody was aware of that. She would still have been great, if only we knew of her existence. Of course deep down I had every right to be mad at her for ditching me as a child, but now that I experienced her desire to explore the outside world, I could no longer hold a grudge against her. That would just be hypocritical and a selfish thing to do. I still held respect for her, after all she was the reason of my creation. She was my mother.

“Lau, come on honey, just eat something,” Rosie's persuasive voice broke my chain of reverie.

I shook my head in denial knowing well enough that she could see my actions. I wasn't hungry at all. If my stomach wasn't asking to be fed, then I wasn't going to feed it.

“I promise, I'm not hungry.”

“Little princess probably wants some royal English food,” laughed Aiden's voice. “What's our typical American food gonna do for her, huh?”

I clenched my fists, doing my best to remain calm and keep my anger in control. Regardless of where and what situation I was in now, it still didn't dominate the fact that I was still a princess. And princesses were calm and cool minded. That's what I was going to act like from now on. There was no way in hell that I was going to grant Aiden Carter the satisfaction of victory. If he though he could get on my nerves and bring out the negative side in me, then he could try again.