Chapter 8.

PLEASE READ! (IMPORTANT!!!)

I'm off on a two week holiday from next week. But luckily, I have managed to BEG my parents to let me take my laptop with me. So, as soon as this chapter REACHES 20 VOTES, I'll upload the next one. I'm even willing to waste my holiday writing on a beach for you all, so please just vote and comment! It would honestly mean the world to me<3 Thanks!

Chapter 8

Jason's POV

“What the hell,” I muttered in shock. How an earth did I ruin Lau's life? But listening to my little sister's tone, I knew immediately this was serious. She wasn't playing around. Frankly, Rosie never played around when it came to Lau. Yes, they did have their share of fun and jokes but as soon as reality stepped in, Rosie was truly protective of Lau. Just like I was of her.

“Please-please,” she begged hitting her head on the dining table softly. “PLEASE tell me that you don't know any man named Aiden Carter and he certainly isn't going to be in our house in an hour!”

“Erm, I don't?” I supplied getting worried about her agitated behaviour.

“You don't?” her eyes glowed with relief and happiness.

I sighed. “Rose, of course I know that git, he's my best friend.”

“Why?”

“Why not?” I huffed. “It's like asking why Laurette is YOUR best friend?”

Rosie gave me her best evil look and flapped her wavy blond hair dramatically, pouting her lips in the process. Watching her acting like a five year old, it made me want to laugh her her innocence. But, fortunately I managed to hold it in. After all, Rosie was known to be Hitler, with her sick manipulative ways on men. Horrible. Even think about my little sister with another worthless man made me growl silently.

“Maybe, it's because-let's see,” she began counting her figures with each word. “She's funny, smart, caring, loyal, my SISTER FROM ANOTHER MISTER. She loves me for who I am: honestly, sometimes I think that she is one of the only people in my life who doesn't judge me for my reckless character. She knows how to deal with my brain. It's scary how she'd understand what I am thinking even when I clearly myself haven't. Al though, our status is very distinctive, I know for a fact that Lau never saw this as a problem. Hell, at one point she even suggested to swap lives with me. That girl is crazy and yet the most intelligent person I've come across. She makes me the person I am. Without her, God knows where I would be right now: probably still sucking up to mum and dad and possibly even out on the streets. That's why Lau's my best friend-sack that, that's why she's my SISTER!”

Wow. Just freaking wow. I had never really known my sister felt this close to Lau. I always thought their friendship had remained impact due to the fact that Lau needed someone to loosen her out and Rosie, well she needed someone to calm her down. And, truthfully, I thought them two were the best combination for that. But, never in my right mind would I have guessed their friendship to create such affinity. It was amazing.