Chapter 7.

Chapter 7

“Shut up, don't disturb me,” Rosie shouted at her brother Jason, who had managed to pick us up 2 hours late. By the time he had arrived at the airport, we had not only finished with our Mac, but also toured a part of Texas. Although, the sun really was doing my head in. Literally!

“Jeez, its not like you're busy,” Jason huffed, playfully glaring at his sister. I was sitting on the back seat of his latest Ford Fiesta. The boy was car crazy. He ate, live and talked car. I on the other hand was completely clueless about any type of vehicles. What's the point anyway? All transports have a same purpose, which is taking us from one place to another, so why do we even bother with all these car models.

“Pfft, I AM busy,” Rosie replied. “Busy ignoring you!”

I laughed out loud accidentally. Blocking my mouth immediately in embarrassment, I attempted to stop my laughter. Of course, it didn't go unnoticed. Rosie turned her head around, flipping her blond hair and smiled at me.

“I'm damn funny right?” she winked. Again, I laughed. That girl had an ego, higher than Mount Everest. I opened my mouth to reply back to her question when an annoyed looking Jason beat me to it.

“Freaking hilarious,” he scoffed faking a humorless chuckle.

“Oh, go die,” Rosie snarled.

“Nah, I promised myself, I wouldn't die until I saw your grave.”

“F*UCK YOU!”

“EW, that's incest Rosie, I don't swing that way,” Jason smirked, I rolled my eyes.

“I pity the girl who has to cope with an ugly pig like you,” Rosie smiled and stuck out her tongue.

“Mature, great comeback my dear sister.”

“Thanks, see it wasn't so hard to compliment me, right?” Rosie laughed.

With the Kenyon siblings, it was seriously impossible to not love them. Listening to Rosie and Jason rant on was like watching a rally of tennis game. First Rosie hits the ball, and Jason retaliates.

Ever since I had known these two losers, they had always acted this way. Personally, deep down -although I would never tell Rosie- I knew that all the arguing and fighting was a strange way of showing their love for one another. You could tell they both truly cared and admired their sibling. Jason's protectiveness towards Rosie when it came to men was a way of saying: “I don't want my baby sister getting broken, so I'll scare off all the men.” And, Rosie's fear for her brother was another way of saying: “I don't want to hurt his feelings, so I'll just remain away from him.” Funny how, even though both these siblings hearty knew how much they adored each other, but they would never admit it. Once Rosie had secretly admitted to me that she'd rather dig up her own grave than tell Jason that she actually likes him. Getting lost in my thoughts, I didn't even realise anyone calling me until Rosie smacked me with her hand bag. What the heck?