Chapter 9

Jooheon's POV

It's the first time in forever that I had so much fun. What I first thought was "too good to be true" but then I let my worries go to the back of my head.

I asked the boys to help me clean and they all scoffed but still did it. And in no time my house was as clean as before.

"You better pay us for all the work we did" Minhyuk exclaimed.

"Maybe in another life babe" I said looking at the boring play on the TV.

Minhyuk widened his eyes, probably because I called him babe.

"Don't worry he calls all of his friends babe for some reason" Wonho said.

"Aww that's cute" Changkyun said and I turned to face him probably already blushing. I can't take it when he calls me cute and I have to stop my feelings from taking control of me.

"Can you stop calling me cute?" okay this may have been too harsh so I continued "I'm a man!" I said jokingly.

"You're a cute man" Changkyun said and I was ready to answer him when my phone started ringing, it's my mom.

"Hey mom~" I said excitingly.

"Baby, Joohoney, I need to tell you something but you'll have to promise me to stay calm, okay?" I could sense the worry and sadness in her voice.

"Just tell me mom, don't make me anxious"

"Joohoney, your dad..." I could hear her soft crying.

"MOM PLEASE.. Tell me what happened to dad"

"He's gone Jooheon. He, he had cancer but he hadn't told anything to neither of us... He told me moments before he died. He also said he loves you Jooheon. These were his last words."

I had fallen on my knees telling myself that this is not true.. Wonho took my phone and started talking to my mother. That that's just a dream, right? A nightmare, so I'll probably wake up in some moments.

" WAKE ME UP. THAT'S A REALLY BAD DREAM. I DON'T WANNA HAVE THIS KIND OF DREAM. PLEASE WAKE ME UP." I screamed letting all my tear flow down my face.
"please.....wake me up." I said one last time before I got buried in a big hug from everyone.

"We'll go through that together Joohoney. The 6 of us, together, we will be here. We promise that from now on we'll stay together until the end." Hyungwon said although he hasn't spoken a lot today. He was crying too. "I understand. I have lost my mother from leukaemia."

"We're not going to leave you now honey.. Not now, not ever" Changkyun said and hugged me again. "You guys, return to your houses.. Me and Jooheon will go bring his mother back" they all nodded and left me and Changkyun alone.

"Jooheon, look at me" Changkyun told me but I shook my head.

"I don't won't you to see me crying." I told him and he just sighed and with both hands, he cupped my face and made me look at him.

"Jooheon, your mom needs you now. You need to be strong for her at the moment." he told me.

"And me? What about me? Who will be strong for me?" I said and continued sobbing quietly.

"Me. Us. You're not alone Jooheon. I may know you only 3 days but we are connected, I can feel it, all the 7 of us are.. But you and me are different." he said and looked straight into my eyes.

"Let's go bring back my mom, she needs me" and grabbed some money and we took the train to Daegu.

Changkyun POV

When we arrived Jooheon found his mom and run onto her to hug her.

My heart felt a big weight. I just wanted all of this to end but I knew that I had to stay strong for Jooheon. Jooheon is the most precious person I have met. He is happy and cheerful and outgoing but he hides his feelings and sometimes they are really visible.

"Mom that's Changkyun. One of my friends" he said when they both calmed down.

"I'm sorry for your loss Mrs. Lee." I told her and bowed.

"No, don't bow to me and please call me mom. And thank you for your words" she said and stopped talking because she seemed really tired. Maybe from all the crying.

"Mom, it would be better for you to rest a bit. It's seems like you need it more that anything else." I told her. Jooheon is kinda lost but I can understand why.

"Yeah Changkyun. That's what I'm gonna do, thank you for caring" she told me and got up to hug me.
"please, take care of Jooheon in Seoul. You'll both have to return until Monday.. Tomorrow is Sunday, the funeral. After it you'll catch the train and return back okay?" I just nodded and she hugged me again giving me a kiss on the cheek.

As soon as she left I went closer to Jooheon.

" Do you wanna go look at the stars outside?" he asked me looking like a 4-year-old who asks for candy.

" Let's go." I said and grabbed him by his hands to lead him outside.

We laid down on the grass and I tried to make Jooheon feel better.

"You know, I have read that each star represents each and every one of us. There's a star up there that represents you. And based on your personality it will be one of the brightest one, along with Minhyuk's one." and I turned my head to find him sleeping peacefully.

I tried carrying him inside with all my strength and I succeeded.

I put him to bed and I not even once thought of leaving him to sleep somewhere else. Jooheon, just like a baby, needs to be hold when he's sad. So that exactly what I'm gonna do: Hold him.

______________________________________

Don't tell me I didn't warn you, okay?
That's a drama but we also see jookyun soft moments.. I'm trying my best not to make it too dramatic.

Thanks for reading it, love you aaaaall.