Chapter Twenty Eight - Lost Cause

~Charlotte~

No. No, no, no, no.

This just isn't happening.

I'm dreaming.

This is a dream.

I need to wake up now.

He just stood there, smirking like it was normal I should see him there.

"Wake up, wake up!" I muttered to myself as I barged past 'James'.

I ran into Sebastian and said,"Tell me I'm dreaming."

"What? No, your alive and awake. Why are you saying that?" He asked.

"What's my surprise Sebastian? Because if it's a James Moriarty, I don't want it." I said before I walked away.

He grabbed my arm and said, "Why not. Charlotte, come on don't do this."

"Your forgetting I saw him dead. On the roof of a hospital. My own husb- boyfriend, dead." I yanked free of his grip. "I loved him. He was the only person I could ever love, even with his flaws. Now your just playing with my mind. I really don't appreciate that. Sebastian, please don't. I can't deal with it. I can't cope."

"I'm sorry." He said. "Charlotte I'm really sorry." He pulled me into him and gave me a hug.

"It can't be him, can it?" I mumbled into his chest.

"I, it, Charlotte you have to face the truth. I thought you'd be happy that hes alive."

"No, Sebastian, no. To see a loved one dead like that... it could scar you for life."

"Charlotte, he asked me to bring you here specifically. He bought the purse, the dress, the shoes. He loves you. Don't ignore him. Let him explain, at least."

"He doesn't know I saw him like that." I mumbled.

We both pulled of if the hug and he said, "Tell him then"

"Okay.." I agreed, still unsure of what to believe, and we walked into the lounge and sat on a sofa.

Sebastian called James on his phone and told him to get over here.

I waited in anticipation. To be honest, I was scared. "Don't worry you'll be fine." Sebastian said nudging his shoulder into mine. I nodded and waited.

He sat at opposite us and said, "Nice to see us all together."

I didn't reply, I looked up at Sebastian for help. He smiled softly and said to James, "She knows boss. About the fall."

James looked down at his hands and said, "You shouldn't have been there. You shouldn't have seen that."

"Her brother was about to commit suicide, what do you expect, boss?" Sebastian said, sticking up for me.

"Charlotte, I'm so sorry you had to see that. I'm sorry you saw me that way." James reached for my hands but I moved it away, still shocked that he could be alive after the state he was in.

"I need the toilet." I said getting up, quickly retreating from them.

On my way to the restrooms, I bummed into Magnussen. I quickly walked round him but I was grabbed by him. He caught my wrist and said, "Pretty little girl. Why are you crying? Let me take care of you." I tried pushing him away but his grip was shut tight.

"Get of me, please." I begged.

"No, I think I shall keep you for my own." He squeezed my wrist tighter, making it feel as though it would break any second.

"Hey!" I heard Sebastian from behind me. "Let her go, Magnussen."

Magnussen let go of me. Before he walked away he whispered, "Well be alone soon my dear."

I felt sick instantly. Sebastian was right, he's vile and cruel.

"Charlotte, you okay?" He asked.

"No I'm not okay. My dead boyfriend isn't dead anymore, Magnussen keeps bothering me and I feel sick." I said on the brink of tears again.

"Charlotte, honey don't cry. He loves you. Go and talk to him or you'll never get through this, huh?"

"Fine, whatever. Not here though, there's too much going on."

"Go wait outside and we'll be there in a minute." He said.

He left and I headed outside. Ready to face what is been avoiding.