Chapter Nine - Confrontations and Revelations

~Charlotte~

The next morning, Moriarty decided to take me out on a little 'trip' as he put it.

Once we walked out of his mansion, the front garden was beautiful. It had steps descending down to the garden on either side of the entrance of his mansion. There was a great variety of wild flowers, and a big fountain in the center of it all.

"I never thought you'd be into this." I muttered.

"It's not me dear. It's the gardener. Come let's away." He concluded

We sat in the back of his taxi, yes he owns a taxi, and he muttered an address and we were on our way.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked gazing out the window.

He didn't answer. Only he looked at me and smirked.

James Moriarty.

A man who looked as though he could satisfy my every need.

A man so mysterious, I stayed.

Intrigued by his, dark handsome complexion.

I couldn't leave him. Not now. There was so much I needed to find out.

I thought about Sherlock. He hasn't even replied to my text message. I thought he was mad at me, for not listening to him.

...............................

We arrived outside 221B Baker Street...

Oh dear...

"Come we wouldn't want you missing out on meeting Sherlock Holmes now would we?"

Ugh, yes we would!!

"Sherlock Holmes?" I asked trying to hide the fact that I know him already.

"Yes Kitten. Let's go." We got out of his taxi and I knocked on the door. Mrs. Hudson opened it and I glared at her and widened my eyes to say 'please don't.' She smiled and said, "Hello dear. Would you like to rent a room? Or are you just visiting?" Good old Mrs. Hudson. She may be old but she sure is smart.

"Sherlock." Moriarty's snake like voice trailed into the building.

Mrs Hudson told us where to find him and Moriarty led the way.

I had a feeling Moriarty knew that I knew Sherlock.. He just seemed too laid back, it seemed as though he saw straight through my little white lie.

We walked up the stairs and Moriarty stood in the doorway. I couldn't see into his flat yet. Moriarty was in the way.

"Well, well, well. We meet again Sherlock." Moriarty hissed.

"What do you want?" Sherlock's deep voice questioned.

"I have brought something to show you." Oh no. I don't know what he would do to me if he found out I lied. he doesn't seem the type of person to tolerate that kind of stuff. "Kitten, don't be shy. Come on." He held his hand out for me to take it. Well, here goes nothing.

I took his hand and walked into the room. Sherlock glared at me and if looks could kill.

"Don't you like it?" Moriarty said laughing almost. "I have my live-in one Sherlock. We're just the same. You and I."

Live-in one? I thought to myself.

Then, a man emerged from the kitchen and stood next to Sherlock. He looked older than Sherlock but he had the same wit about him. As he saw me his face suddenly dropped.

Sherlock whispered something to the man and he nodded.

"I'm Mycroft. Sherlock's older brother." He smiled, sort of.

"Charlotte." I replied.

"Your last name, Kitten?" Moriarty whispered.

I blinked and said, "I, um, I don't have a last name."

"What honey?" Moriarty seemed confused.

"I was an orphan." Yes. That's right. I was orphaned since I was a baby. I don't know my last name but everyone used to call me Charlotte or Lottie.

"You do have a last name." Sherlock announced.

"Sherlock what are you doing!" Mycroft exclaimed, turning toward his brother.

"She needs to know sooner or later." Sherlock replied.

I stepped forward. "What, what is it?"

"You can't tell her now!" Mycroft whispered rather loudly.

"It is the perfect time. We are all here." Sherlock said.

"No no no. John isn't here." Mycroft said, pulling out any excuse he could muster.

"John will find out sooner or later. Now shut up while I tell her the truth!" Sherlock seemed to explode.

Mycroft sat on the chair and buried his head in his hands.

"Charlotte. You do have a last name." Sherlock said softly but firmly.

I looked at Moriarty who was now sitting on the sofa, watching Sherlock as he spoke.

"What is my last name, Sherlock?" I asked.

"Your name is-". Sherlock darted a look at Mycroft who still had his head in his hands. He darted a look at Moriarty then he looked back at me. "Your name is...Charlotte Holmes. Your our sister."