Chapter Twenty Two - Feelings I Can't Fight

~Charlotte~

"Tell Sherlock its going to be a while until he gets his little sister back." He laughed.

"Sherlock will not be happy about this" I sighed "He thinks I'm in danger around you" I said imitating Sherlock.

"Ignore him." James said as he kissed me gently.

Suddenly my phone rang. I moved away from James and I got it from my jeans and answered it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Charlotte! Where the hell are you?" It was Sherlock and he sounded angry as ever.

"I'm still discussing with James." I lied. There's no need for him to worry.

"Okay, discussing. Tell me all you were doing in the four hours of you being there, was discussing."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I we wasn't only discussing. But I'm fine Sherlock. I'll come to see you in the morning. Okay?"

"I want you home now." He insisted.

"Sherlock, I'm a grown woman. Stop doing this. I'll come to you in the morning."

"If he does anything-"

"He won't." I said quickly. As all this was going on James talked his watch at me and go tin his bed. I looked at his alarm clock. 10:00pm. I really didn't keep track of time tonight.

"Fine. I will see you tomorrow." Sherlock finally said.

"Thank you. I love you Sherlock. Bye." I then hung up and said to James. "Is that the time?" He nodded and I said, "You really kept me back a while."

He smirked and patted the bed. I got inside and I rested my head on his chest looking up at the ceiling. "I love you so much Kitten." He whispered.

"James, I love you too." I thought for a moment. "James. Don't you think love makes us act like we are fools?"

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean, love is good. Yes, live it brilliant. But acting like its the greatest thing , makes us vulnerable. We are more likely to get hurt if we are too vulnerable."

"I see what you mean, yes." He concluded.

"We throw our lives away, for one happy day. It was a good thing we didn't get married James. I mean, I live the freedom, I'm sure you do too?"

"Of course Lottie. Its more fun that way." He chuckled.

I knew in my right mind I was doing the right thing by choosing Moriarty and not a life alone. I love him. And I will, until the end of time. I can't fight my feelings for him.

"I couldn't possibly think of spending my life with anyone but you." I said quietly.

"I'm glad we spent this night together. I love you Kitten." Moriarty wrapped his arms around me and I soon fell asleep.