Chapter Thirteen - Magnussen

After James had finished eating he put the tray aside and said, "Look, would you do me a favour?"

"Yes, yeah of course." I replied, rather intrigued.

"Stay with me." James said suddenly. I sat there not knowing what he meant. "Stay with me. Live here. I don't want to be left alone." He carried on explaining himself.

"Wait, James, I don't understand you have servants, waiters, maids. You won't be alone." I said. I really shouldn't stay here. Something told me I should go. However, something yearned inside of me to be mear him constantly. Like I was attached and I couldn't ever part him.

"No, no, no, no, no I will not have proper company. Please, Charlotte. You've been so good to me. You didn't have to help me, a random stranger, but you did and I want you to stay." He pleaded. The look in his eyes were so different than before the accident. Yesterday he was forcing me to stay at his house. Now he's pleading me to stay.

"Alright James. I'll stay." I said. Something told me that he was scared. Of what I don't know, but he was scared of something or another. He smiled vaguely and said, "Thank you, so much."

.........................................................................

THREE YEARS LATER

The past few years have been really quite wonderful.

Sherlock and John had met James after the accident. Sherlock was certain that James was lying to draw us into a plan, but he soon came to the conclusion that James really was just James. Sherlock and Mycroft was still keeping an eye on him though.

I forgave Sherlock and Mycroft, after al they were my big brothers, looking out for me.

James and I grew closer and closer each day. I loved him more and more each day. We were inseperable.

A few months ago, James and I were at Verona Beach in the USA. We ate dinner, then went to watch the sunset. It was beautiful. The sky was filled with oranges, pinks and reds. Just before the sun set, James proposed to me. I was so excited, he placed the ring on my finger and I threw my arms around his neck and attacked him with kisses.

I still had those dreams of the man. They were not constant, they varied. Some nights I would dream about it, some I wouldn't. It was the same dream, over and over. I had no clue to who it was, until I recieved a letter.

I didn't show James. I didn't want to worry him.

Our wedding was in three days. This man was coming in three days.

The letter was written in a swirly font, rather fancy:

Dear Charlotte,

My name is Charles Augustus Magnussen.

I would like to visit you in three days. I do hope you have nothing planned.

Please, tell Jim i'm on my way. I wouldn't want him to miss my arrival.

Yours Truly,

Magnussen.

I'm sure this isn't a good thing. I need help, right away...