Chapter Twenty Six - Cover Story

~Charlotte~

"Wake up! Wake up! Charlotte! Come on!"

I groaned as I opened my eyes, I scrambled up from the floor and said, "I was sleeping." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

I looked up to find a tall man dressed in suit who I'd never seen before. "Who are you?" I asked backing up slightly.

"I'm Sebastian Moran. Come on we've got to get out of here. Now." He grabbed my hand and pulled me through the mansion.

"What, why, where are we going?" I asked.

"Not a lot of time to explain, please just trust me." We ran down the marble steps to a black Mercedes Benz. "Get in." He said.

"What? I don't even know-"

"Get. In. Please." He said hurriedly as he got in himself.

I hesitated then got inside and he drove off down a country lane.

"Here, put this on." He said tossing a parcel at me. Then a box. I quickly unwrapped the parcel and there was a violet colored dress inside.

"Um, hello? Why am I putting this on, I'm not-"

"Just hurry up. I'm not looking." He said as he turned his rearview mirror away from seeing me.

I did as he asked and the dress was surprisingly my size. A little on the tight side but it fit me. It was a long silk dress with a slit over the right leg. I opened the box to find a pair of black high heels. I shoved them on my feet and said,"Done. Why-" I barely got a word in edgeways before he chucked a small bag to me.

i caught it and opened it, inside was a brush, mascara and a pale pink lipstick. I applied the make up and let my hair out from the bun it was in and brushed it until my hair was smooth all the way through. I shut the bag and shoved it to the other seat. He then threw a purse at me and said,"You must keep it with you at all times. Do you hear me?"

"Yes, but where are we going?" I asked finally.

"To a small get together, you could say. I have a surprise for you and you need to look the part." He said turning into an entrance with two big gates. He drove through the gates as the guards opened them and parked in the car park. He got out and let me out also. He offered me his arm, smirking a bit and I took it as he led me inside.

"Sebastian, I know nobody here." I whispered.

"Don't worry. Your not Charlotte Holmes anymore. I've made you a cover story. Your now Adelle Slavina, half Russian, but because you moved to England when you were a very young child, you lost your strong accent. Your mother and father are both deceased but they were very highly respected. Oh, and your currently engaged to James Moriarty." He explained as we walked through the crowds.

"I'm what? Sebastian, how do you know James? And he's-" My throat felt like it shriveled up. "He's dead." I croaked.

"I know. But they don't know that." He said handing me a little diamond ring.

I put it on and we carried on walking. I turned to hear laughter from someone. They sounded familiar. Like it was James Moriarty. I let go of Sebastian and turned around. "Charlotte don't do that." Sebastian said grabbing me again.

"But I swear I thought I heard James."

"Don't be stupid, come on" I turned back and we stopped in front of a man. A man who I knew straight away.

A man named Magnussen.