Chapter Eighteen - Wrong choices

~Moriarty~

"James, I understand you may feel nervous, though I urge an answer from you." The priest said looking at me with an eyebrow raised.

I took a deep breath, not knowing what would happen next, and I said "I'm sorry. Charlotte, I'm so so sorry. I can't..."

I held back my emotions and stepped down from the alter. Charlotte couldn't look at me. She just stood there. I looked at everybody else. There were low murmurs from everybody. Sherlock just stared at me. Sherlock was angry. I could tell. I quickly left and went outside and calmed down. I was breathing heavily and I felt dizzy.

It began to rain and I let the rain cleanse my face. Although, what I had just done to Charlotte wouldn't ever be able to be cleansed. I would never be able to be cleansed. I would always be someone who wasn't trustworthy. She doesn't deserve me. She really doesn't..

~Charlotte~

I stood there, fighting back my tears as they formed in my eyes. The priest tried to comfort me but I walked away and sat in the lounge with my head in my hands. I don't know why he would do this, but I had a feeling Magnussen was a reason. All those years we were inseparable. Now Magnussen has came and ruined everything.

Of course, I still love James. I've always loved James.

For some reason, I just couldn't cry. Something was inside me, blocking my emotions. It was like I didn't feel emotion anymore.

"Charlotte." Sherlock appeared next to me. He sat down and put an arm round me. His warm hugs were all I needed right now. Then it hit me. Sherlock was right all along. He was protecting me from getting hurt. We didn't speak. The only sound was the rain. I began to cry. A day like this, our special day, was over. I'd never forget it. It would bother me everyday of my life.

I sat there, in a wedding dress. I probably looked stupid. Crying, mascara running down my cheeks onto my white dress making it a disaster. I sunk into Sherlock and he rested his head on mine.

He didn't speak. I didn't speak. We knew it was best to stay silent. I heard people walking out, leaving. I felt incredibly bad, I felt like I had wasted their day. I didn't look up at them. Once they were all gone, I think I heard John tell Sherlock he was going home. Then Mycroft start on my other side and held my hand tightly. We never spoke. I felt safe with my brothers. They cared about me and I loved them. They were all I needed right now.

My mother and father had gone also. They still had to tell me why I was orphaned. They promised they'd tell me today.. Not going to happen obviously.

Later that day, Sherlock and Mycroft took me back to 221B Baker Street.

I had wanted this day to happen so badly for a long time, our wedding, and I had been wishing on a false dream. It didn't come true for me, I don't think it ever will...