Chapter eighteen: Getting to it

Song: Prodigy~ Invaders Must Die

First person POV:

And immediately I'm darting to my left, back towards the mansion and away from a spray of golden bullets. It's raining heavily now and the water is making the courtyard slippy. I try not to fall over, firstly because if I did there's a high chance of me dying and secondly because if I lived Undertaker would never let me live it down. I calculate it'll take Sebastian approximately forty seconds to cross the yard and make it inside, and the others a lot longer.  Thankfully I'm fast, relying on my shinigami awesomeness to save my life and heal me quickly. So I make it indoors, Undertaker trailing behind me and I carry on sprinting down Alois' decorated hallways. 

"It's quite tasteful isn't it?" Undertaker asks from behind me. We enter a dining room with a long oak table in the middle and far too many chairs. The walls are painted a deep purple and decorated with silver engravings. 

"Yeah, are you thinking of redecorating?" Now's not the time to be thinking of shop renovations, but I don't tell him. 

"No. I wasn't talking about the room, I was talking about this biscuit." I turn to him now as he waves a custard cream in front of my face before eating it whole.  We come to a stop in the centre of the room. The carpet is really bouncy. Here's as good as anywhere to do what I need to. Undertaker produces another biscuit from his pocket. "Would you like to try one dear?" 

I pale a little. Is this man serious?! we've literally just been running for our lives and all he can think to do is eat? Does he even know the danger we're in? Does he even care? He reaches out and pokes my cheek with the custard cream. I frown at him and take the biscuit. Undertaker's right, it does taste good. He then pulls out a rich tea and snaps it in half and eats that too. He's stuffed his pockets with cookies from earlier. No, I decide, he probably really doesn't care. 

As Undertaker finishes snacking Ciel and Sebastian come crashing into the room. "You killed Claude," I say accusingly pointing at Ciel.

"And you helped us," he replies. I honestly want to smack this kid in the face with a brick... even though he's right. 

"It was necessary. My troubles aren't with you young Earl or your Butler." I try to sound sincere. 

"No, but they are with a member of my household, and that makes you a problem. Isn't that right Sebastian?" 

Sebastian agrees with him. "Yes, my Lord. I'll remove this..." he gestures towards me, "inconvenience right away." 

Next thing I know a butterknife whizzes past my ear as I narrowly dodge it. Turning my death scythe towards him  I block the oncoming attacks as he throws cutlery. Has no one told this demon that humans use these for dining with not killing? Mind you, he hasn't had much experience eating human food so I can't really blame him. All he wants to eat is Ciel's soul and from rumours a little more of Ciel. I firmly choose not to picture the latter in my head. I make my way towards him and try to sweep Sebastian's feet from under him with my scythe but he's way too quick and sees it coming and steps back. I carry on parring with him, alternating between blocking and attacking. Finny, bard and Mey-Rin are in the corner watching. I don't know where Undertaker went. It wouldn't surprise me if he went for a little afternoon nap.

 And suddenly Sebastian's down to one knife and makes a swipe for my face. It's all so quick and yet it happens in slow motion. It's as if time's stuck crawling along and the second hand of a clock refuses to turn and I'm frozen in the moment. I see the knife coming towards my eyes and my death scythe is far too low, busy blocking the kick Sebastian sent for my knee to save me. The blade's sharp point is coming closer and closer. Am I about to lose my eyesight? Was today a massive mistake? I brace myself for impact screwing up my eyes and flinching back. I fear for the worst. But the knife doesn't find its target. Instead, it's fending off Undertaker's sotoba, he's standing over me, protecting me. I'd take the time to feel special and thankful but I'm too busy trying not to die.

 I duck under Undertaker's arm and around him out the way of their weapons and start running towards Mey- Rin. At first, she seems shocked. Then she narrows her eyes in understanding and pulls out two handguns, one in each hand, from holsters strapped to her thighs.  I don't care, I can't forgive her for killing my mum and dad. She might have a new life with Phantomhive but that doesn't change what she did. She tries to shoot me but my adrenaline has fully taken hold and I swerve past the bullets like they're nothing. Because they are nothing and She'll be nothing when I'm done with her. Her bullets come faster and faster at me. she's panicking now. I'm getting close. How can this stupid mortal really think she can fend off a shinigami? Yes, she took my parents down, but that's because she shot them from far away. They didn't know, she didn't give them a chance. Just like how I'm not giving her a chance. I've crossed the room to her in what feels like a mere instance. Her eyes are widening. Finny and Bard are trying to interject. Bard starts to run at me but I drop down, sliding between his legs towards my target. Then I'm up again running like a missile locked and ready to explode. A chair sails towards me through the air, Finny's work I guess. I almost feel bad for him losing a friend. But then what kind of a friend is she? Is a murderer really someone you want to be around? A bit hypocritical, but the answer is no. If Finny thinks the chair will hit me he's wrong. I jump and my feet land on the chair mid-flight and I push off of it to get a height advantage above Mey-Rin. Then I'm coming down, scythe ready, her bullets missing completely, her blood is pumping fast through her veins now. She's starting to sweat. Fear has taken her, just like it gripped me when she stole my family away from me leaving me alone.  Then her blood carries on pumping, only now it's pumping outside of her body all over the pretty walls. I remove my death scythe from her torn smashed head and turn to check on Undertaker. 

He's no longer fighting with Sebastian but staring at something. No, someone. Grell is in the room amongst the fight which would be normal apart from the fact that it's Grell.... and the fact that she's on fire holding a bomb. How the hell did Grell catch fire? Where the hell did she get the bomb?

 I start forward towards Undertaker and he turns to me. His eyes seem panicked and it looks like he's trying to warn me of something. Then something hard hits me on the back of my head, my vision swims and black dots and fuzzy spots cloud my vision.  I think I hear an explosion and a wave of heat surges through me, but that's all so far away. The ground leaps towards me like it's giving me a hug. Falling, falling. Then darkness... 

A/N: Hey Guys I hope you enjoyed this one. It's not fully edited or anything as Wattpad's playing up but you guys deserved it for waiting for me this long. As I said earlier I am so thankful for all your reads, favourites and comments and it really does make my day. Also for anyone wondering, Yana Toboso, the creator of Black Butler, refers to  Grell as she because she's transgender and therefore so will I. Thank you all so so much!! Once again, have a great day/ night~ SukuraGirl31