Chapter sixteen: Gravity

Song: Motionless in White~ Eternally Yours

A/N: I'm pretty sure it's been half a year since I wrote a new chapter; I know I'm dreadful. Anyway, on a brighter note, we've reached 2k votes!!! THANK YOU so much, you guys are amazing and it makes me so happy to read all your comments, especially since you all have a great sense of humour. Enough with me writing an author's note that I'm 99.9% sure no one reads and hope you enjoy ~ SukuraGirl31 

First person POV: 

The rain was cold and was beginning to hit the ground hard, but not as cold as Alois's blue eyes. Not as hard as I wanted to slap him. There had been more than one betrayal to discuss and it wouldn't be resolved lightly. There would be bloodshed and as a shinigami, I knew who was going to die.  

It was always death. 

I know what I need to say but the words won't come out, they flatten and turn to felt on my tongue and my throat becomes dry and rough. My tongue feels like sandpaper against my teeth. My eyes drop to the paved stone which I stand upon. Misery, un-comfortability and shame fill me. He was once my best friend.  "Jim," My voice is small. 

I look towards Alois ignoring his arrogant son of a bitch butler, Claude. He has recognition of me in his eyes; he looks at me almost pitiful.  " (Y/N), it's been a long time. Come, join us for tea, the mortician can come too." Alois motions his arm towards his manner as his words come out, "Oh, and don't call me Jim. It's Alois now, but you already know that." His childish voice plays in my ears but it lacks childish innocence. He begins to walk away and I follow, Undertaker close behind. It's times like this I wish I had my death scythe and my reproductive organs weren't aching due to abuse. 

In our small quartet, we manage to make it inside the Trancy manner before the full storm hit. The wind howling and whistling through small cracks in old windows and poorly fitted doors. Despite it, the place almost seemed homely. Not as unbinding as Ciel's manor even if Sebastian caters for almost your every need. I truly believe that man should be able to keep a cat since the mansion is big enough for Ciel to avoid it and not get an allergic reaction. It's not my place to dwell on such matters, truth is I just love cats. 

For now, I should concentrate on playing the part and seizing my opportunity. He will die by my hand. 

We continue to traverse through various corridors and rooms following Alois and Claude in an awkward silence before stopping in front of a large set of heavy oak doors polished to a dark gleam. 

"We have a variety of teas to suit your taste miss (Y/N) and we can start to discuss the means to your unexpected visit. I'm sure it's urgent." Claude's words burrow through me, tunneling into  my hatred. I'm not sure if I find his voice or haircut more annoying. "Your male company can have tea too if it pleases him." 

I turn to look at Undertaker who I'm sure is sending Claude daggers, but I can't tell due to the fringe. Undertaker seems reserved and calm that for the very fist time I begin to wonder and fear what he can do. There's no laughter. 

Claude throws the set of double doors wide revealing a lavishly decorated purple study. A shade lighter than that of Alois's coat. However, what really sparks my interest is a certain red head sitting behind a desk. 

A certain red head sitting behind a desk holding MY death scythe. "Grell?" I ask unsure of my words. Grell looks up, beaming a malicious smile that could be aimed at any one of us. 

"Ah, (Y/N)-chan I'm glad you could make it!" Grell's voice is as loud as usual and Alois looks more than put out. 

"Grell what are you doing here?" I demand before Claude can get a word in. I hear Undertaker smirk quietly to himself. 

"I have a soul to reap."

Hope you enjoyed! What do you think? Who's going to die? All will be revealed. Have a nice day/night~ SukuraGirl31